Network Operations Technician
Network Operations Technician| Telecommunications | Gibraltar office based
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Network Operations Technician within our Network Operations team, for a skilled, technically minded individual, to form part of the team.
The role provides opportunities for development and exposure to the breadth of technologies that support the network.
As Network Operations Technician, you will be required to provide technical support and network supervision across various fields, including our RAN (2G/3G/4G/5G networks), International transport (OTN/WDM) networks, along with IP packet-based transport technologies such as MPLS and Carrier Ethernet.
What's on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- Great benefits
- Lots of new technology projects
What You Will Be Doing
- Monitoring of the company's entire technology estate, through our internal omni- channel monitoring platforms
- Exposure to technologies such as IP, WDM/OTN (terrestrial and submarine environments), IPTV, WIFI, Converged Voice (IMS), Mobile RAN.
- Provide 1st & 2nd line support to internal and external customers, providing service assurance and managing escalations accordingly.
- Collaboration with our various engineering teams to provide remote support with routers, firewalls, Layer2 & Layer3 aggregation and distribution elements, and any other related technologies within our ecosystem.
- Provide L1 fault resolution, always adhering to our Incident Management policy to ensure all events are recorded and resolved.
- Escalate issues to L3 or L4 support, internally or externally, with a view to achieving fault resolution within the designated SLA.
What You Will Need to Succeed in This Role
- Preferable: A Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent certification) within a Networking, Engineering, or relevant telecommunications field.
- Alternatively: Proven track record working within a networking/telecommunications environment.
- Experience working within a technical operations capacity would be beneficial.
- Ability to work within a demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable managing customer expectations and meeting customer demands
- Flexibility and ability to work well as part of a team
- A desire to develop and leverage an excellent and rare opportunity to work for Gibraltar's largest technology provider
Keywords: Network Operations Technician | Gibraltar |Telecoms | Network
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Principal Engineer Fixed Voice & IMS Core
- Principal Engineer
- Telecoms Manager Converged Services
- Technical Product Manager
- Network Access Engineer
- Corporate Services Administrator
- Audit Manager
- Audit Associate
- Trainee Company Administrator
- Senior Management Accountant
- Secretary / Personal Assistant
- Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Property Financial Analyst
- Operational Resilience Manager
- Business Analyst
- Night Agent - Travel Operations
- Corporate Travel Advisor
- Graphic Designer
- Tax Senior Associate