Senior Accountant/Financial Controller
Senior Accountant/Financial Controller | Commercial Online | Gibraltar | Competitive Salary | Office based
Senior Accountant/Financial Controller required for an online company in growth phase providing services to businesses in regulated industries.
The office is based in Gibraltar but has other offices within Europe.
The Senior Accountant will have an experienced hands-on approach with proven experience in a similar role.
An accounting qualification such as AAT, ACA, ACCA or similar is desirable but not necessary with the experience outlined below.
The Senior Accountant/Financial Controller will have experience in a similar bookkeeping role holding such duties as payroll, bank reconciliations, month end accounting and reporting using multi currencies.
Use of Sage 200 Financials would be advantage.
What's on offer to you?
- Working alongside the CEO/Owner on a daily basis
- Exposure to business growth strategy
- Career enhancing opportunity
What You Will Be Doing
- Own the day‐to‐day accounting, reconciliation and reporting needs of the business and carry out your duties with minimum supervision
- Accurately code and record financial transactions in accordance with company policies
- Prepare monthly accounts to strict deadlines, maintaining clear and auditable working papers using Sage Line 200
- Produce accurate and timely weekly and monthly financial reports for management supported by written and verbal explanation and analyses
- Manage the accounts receivable and accounts payable functions including preparing weekly payment runs and liaising with customers and suppliers
- Prepare payroll, corporation tax, VAT and statutory reporting information for external parties
- Assist in the development of the controls, processes, procedures and systems of the business
- Take initiative and pro‐actively present solutions to challenges as they arise
- Support the General Manager in the management of the office
What You Will Need to Succeed in This Role
- Experienced in financial accounting and double entry bookkeeping to an advanced level
- Capable of maintaining the books for multiple companies across different charts of accounts
- Comfortable in a multi‐currency environment and conversant with foreign exchange accounting on a transactional, revaluation and reporting level
- An expert at bank and sub‐ledger reconciliations
- A strong verbal and written communicator able to explain financial information using board‐level language
- Detail oriented, producing accurate, polished, highly presentable work to an exceptional standard
- An advanced Excel user with the ability to process and analyse large data sets
- Sage Line 200 would be an advantage but not essential
- Able to solve otherwise complex problems by seeking simple, efficient and understandable solutions
- A reliable self‐starter with exceptional number skills, professional and discrete
Keywords: Senior Accountant | Financial Controller | Gibraltar | ACCA | Sage Line 200 | Bookkeeper
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Principal Engineer Fixed Voice & IMS Core
- Principal Engineer
- Telecoms Manager Converged Services
- Technical Product Manager
- Network Access Engineer
- Corporate Services Administrator
- Audit Manager
- Audit Associate
- Trainee Company Administrator
- Senior Management Accountant
- Secretary / Personal Assistant
- Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Property Financial Analyst
- Operational Resilience Manager
- Business Analyst
- Night Agent - Travel Operations
- Corporate Travel Advisor
- Graphic Designer
- Tax Senior Associate