Can you work with a variety of people to ensure the successful delivery of projects?
Do you enjoy challenges and solving problems?
Are you passionate about project management and striving to continuously improve?
If so, read on….
- be able to manage projects/programmes of varying levels of complexity and budget.
- engage and communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders at every level.
- understand project and programme management principles, tools & techniques.
- have a methodical and organised approach to work.
- be skilled using MS Office, including MS Project, and project management systems to track all project delivery aspects.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Corporate Delivery Team. You will be responsible for the delivery and management of a variety of projects from the procurement of new software solutions for data management, to internal process change and development, to working on exciting innovation projects where negotiating and working with external stakeholders will be key.
Our Corporate Project Managers work across the organisation and need excellent management skills to bring together diverse teams with conflicting priorities. The project workload can vary from one or two larger projects to running multiple small projects from concept through to completion.
These projects offer new challenges and opportunities for development.
As part of the Corporate Programme Office you will also be part of regular community of practice meetings where current processes, templates and best practice are discussed in the Project and PMO community and agreed actions are taken to ensure continuous improvement.
You will work closely with the PMO to provide required highlight reporting and capacity forecasts on a regular basis and ensure that appropriate governance is applied through your project. You will present project updates to both Project and Programme boards, and if required, prepare board papers for approval at our Investment and Opportunities Board along with the project sponsor. Feeling comfortable working at all levels is vital for this role.
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date:19th February 2024
Sifting dates:21st February 2024
Face-to-Face Interviews: 26th - 29th February 2024
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware, and we will look at alternative dates)
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Support with professional qualifications
- Payment of one annual professional subscription
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Employee discounts available through Edenred
- Annual health check
- £15 per month towards wellbeing activities
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- A values based recognition scheme
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 26/01/2024
- Rate: £35,763 - £39,737
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0242
- Posted: 2024-01-26 13:59:03 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Operations Manager - Fixed term until 29 May 2026
- Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Principal Programme Manager - Defra Metal Mines
- Earth Scientist - Inland Salinity
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner - Maternity Cover 12 months
- Senior Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Assistant Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
- Digital Service Manager
- Project Manager – Part Time - Innovation, By-Products and Service Delivery Team
- Customer Service Advisor
- Permitting Team Leader
- People (HR) Business Partner
- Apprentice Town Planner
- Support Manager
- Product Manager - 6 month FTC
- Procurement Business Partner
- Digital Contracts & Spend Manager
- Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor
- Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity