Accounts Assistant | Corporate Services | Gibraltar | £competitive plus study support | Office based
Accounts Assistant required for an established Corporate Services company based in Gibraltar.
The position would suit either an experienced Accounts Assistant with a proven track record in different aspects of client accounting or someone who is looking to build on their experience with a new and challenging role.
As the Accounts Assistant you will ideally be AAT qualified or near qualifying, support the delivery of high-quality accounting services and will contribute to the overall success of the department.
Candidates with relevant client accounting experience and not AAT qualified will also be considered.
What's on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression
- Generous holidays offered in excess of Gibraltar normal offerings
- Study support offered for AAT or similar
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing support with day-to-day administration and assisting with all accounting procedures and processes related to some of the core areas described below:
- Office and client account reconciliation
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Activities related to finance day end
- Purchase ledger
- Fixed asset register and depreciation
- Management of petty cash processing and control
- Preparation, checking and posting of banking transfers
- Using Excel spreadsheets, databases and Microsoft Office and accounting/practice management system
- Calculating, checking, and analysing to ensure payments and receipts are correct before processing onto systems
- Raising queries and liaise with clients, suppliers and staff accordingly
- Recommend improvements to processes and procedures in areas of efficiency, control and work quality.
Ad-hoc and project support responsibilities, as required
- Undertake any other duties that are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed
What You Will Need to Succeed in This Role
- Sound intellectual skills evidenced by a strong academic background.
Must hold at least 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent, to include Maths and English
- AAT qualified (or working towards) would be an advantage but not essential
- Knowledge and experience of accounting principles and practices (e.g.
reconciliation and balances, accounting computer systems and ledgers, coding structures, payroll procedures)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel and Outlook essential
- Experience of AIM or equivalent legal system would be an advantage
- Superior organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Client orientated with the ability to handle highly confidential information and maintain discretion at all times
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and effectively manage own time
- Able to work successfully as part of a team
Keywords: Accounts Assistant | Gibraltar | AAT | Payroll | Reconciliations | Client Accounting | Excel
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Principal Engineer Fixed Voice & IMS Core
- Principal Engineer
- Telecoms Manager Converged Services
- Technical Product Manager
- Network Access Engineer
- Corporate Services Administrator
- Audit Manager
- Audit Associate
- Trainee Company Administrator
- Senior Management Accountant
- Secretary / Personal Assistant
- Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Property Financial Analyst
- Operational Resilience Manager
- Business Analyst
- Night Agent - Travel Operations
- Corporate Travel Advisor
- Graphic Designer
- Tax Senior Associate