Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity
Are you recognised for ensuring internal and external programme governance and compliance?
Do you want to join a fast growing, high performing team that's developing and delivering solutions for an emerging environmental risk?
Can you take the lead on providing assurance for programme risk, schedule and cost, supporting the team to deliver on time and budget requirements?
If so, read on......
- You'll have significant experience in all aspects of programme management with a history of successfully supporting delivery within high performing teams.
- As a strategic planner you'll use your great communication skills to ensure integration of the teams medium and long term plan into the wider portfolio.
- You'll be experienced at report writing and lead on all aspects of programme reporting into the Programme Board and Executive Programme Assurance Committee.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Main purpose of the job
- To lead and maintain an effective programme management function for the Inland Salinity Programme to support successful delivery of the programme.
- To develop and maintain good programme management processes and ensure compliance with programme governance requirements both within the Coal Authority and the wider requirements of the Department for Energy Security and Net Zero (DESNZ).
- To champion the benefits of professional project and programme management and work within the governance framework within the Authority.
- To develop, track and maintain and effective and realistic programme delivery plan to ensure delivery of the programme strategy.
Role location: Hybrid/Mansfield
For more information about the role please refer to the job description.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
Application closing date: 15th January 2024
Sifting date: w/c 15th January 2024
Interviews: w/c 22nd January 2024
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
ABOUT THE COAL AUTHORITY
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Support with professional qualifications
- Payment of one annual professional subscription
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Employee discounts available through Edenred
- Annual health check
- £15 per month towards wellbeing activities
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- A values based recognition scheme
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 28/12/2023
- Rate: £53,934 - £59,927
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0207
- Posted: 2023-12-28 09:37:04 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Operations Manager - Fixed term until 29 May 2026
- Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Principal Programme Manager - Defra Metal Mines
- Earth Scientist - Inland Salinity
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner - Maternity Cover 12 months
- Senior Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Assistant Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
- Digital Service Manager
- Project Manager – Part Time - Innovation, By-Products and Service Delivery Team
- Customer Service Advisor
- Permitting Team Leader
- Project Manager
- People (HR) Business Partner
- Apprentice Town Planner
- Support Manager
- Product Manager - 6 month FTC
- Procurement Business Partner
- Digital Contracts & Spend Manager
- Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor