Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Support Officer
Do you have an understanding of on line software/databases and want to work with our Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) team operating and managing our HSW reporting system?
Can you work in a fast paced environment with accuracy and excellent organisation?
Can you work with a wide range of systems including databases, spreadsheets, invoicing and report preparation?
If so, read on......
- You'll have a good understanding and experience working with reporting software and analysing data.
- You'll have experience working in a support role using Microsoft Office suite of products and have an interest in health, safety and wellbeing.
- You'll be working with a range of internal and external people so your communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation will be invaluable.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
- You'll manage the HSW on-line safety management system, having responsibility for operation and administration including managing users, data quality and continual improvement.
- Using the on-line management system and other analytical tools you'll identify performance trends, collate all information (internally and externally) and provide monthly reports. You'll also monitor and control any feedback/issues identified by colleagues as part of our approach to behavioural safety.
- You'll process new starters, leavers and movers providing HSW inductions and set up and manage online assessment packages.
- Working with department managers, you'll identify and arrange relevant HSW training for their teams.
- You'll provide all round support within the HSW team to ensure that the department provides an efficient and effective service to all internal and external stakeholders.
Role location: Mansfield (Hybrid)
For more information about the role please refer to the job description.
Application closing date:05/01/2024
Sifting date: 07/01/2024
Interviews: w/c 08/01/2024
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
The Coal Authority are unable to offer sponsorship of any applicants without the right to work in the UK.
Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of their right to work in the UK and must pass basic security checks as part of any offer of employment.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Support with professional qualifications
- Payment of one annual professional subscription
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Employee discounts available through Edenred
- Annual health check
- £15 per month towards wellbeing activities
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- A values based recognition scheme
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 21/12/2023
- Rate: £21,780 - £24,201
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Human_Resources
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0218
- Posted: 2023-12-21 16:39:03 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Operations Manager - Fixed term until 29 May 2026
- Stakeholder Engagement Manager
- Principal Programme Manager - Defra Metal Mines
- Earth Scientist - Inland Salinity
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner - Maternity Cover 12 months
- Senior Civil Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Assistant Health, Safety and Wellbeing Advisor
- Digital Service Manager
- Project Manager – Part Time - Innovation, By-Products and Service Delivery Team
- Customer Service Advisor
- Permitting Team Leader
- Project Manager
- People (HR) Business Partner
- Apprentice Town Planner
- Support Manager
- Product Manager - 6 month FTC
- Procurement Business Partner
- Digital Contracts & Spend Manager
- Health Safety and Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor