Mechanical Night Shift Engineer
Mechanical Night Shift Engineer – 7 on 7 off – Hospital - Portsmouth – Up to £47,420 Per annum
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified Mechanical Fitter with C&G / NVQ level 2 & 3 and a proven track record in commercial building maintenance.
He or she will be required to carry out responsible for putting together machine parts, and installing, maintaining and repairing plants and equipment on across a large Hospital.
Working with the maintenance team on site including the supervisor, you will be required have an understanding/hands on experience of the below.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Installation and maintenance on Sprinkler Pipe, Air Handling Units, Pumps, steam pipework, heating, air pod dispensaries and plumbing and Heating (Hot and Cold)
- System diagnostic and fault finding (Boiler, AHU, HVAC, Plants and Components)
- Copper soldering and brazing, PVC/Stainless Steel Pipefitting use of threading and grooving Machines, Mapress/ Express crimping equipment.
- Repairing malfunctioning machines: mechanical fitters also repair malfunctions in a structural system.
- Identify any problems causing hitches and develop a plan to fix the parts to ensure the system runs smoothly.
- Maintaining equipment and machinery:
- Develop a maintenance routine and procedure for every machine you assemble.
- Have a understanding of the individual components and their functional life and can ensure they are replaced before they lead to malfunctions
- Service and troubleshoot the equipment and replace all faulty components.
- Inspecting structures to ensure adherence to legislation
- 7 days on, 7 days off
- Monday to Thursday - 9: 45 PM - 7:45 AM
- Friday - 9 PM to 8 AM
- Saturday - 8 PM to 8AM
- Sunday - 7:45 PM to 7:45 AM
- Up to £47,420 Basic Salary
- Uniform and Tools Provided
- Cycle to work scheme
- 22 days Shift holiday
- Overtime Available
- Internal Progression & Development
- Mechanically qualified level 3 (C&G, NVQ etc)
- Experience working in a large commercial building
- You must be able to provide copies of your trade certificates (Essential)
- A proven track record in commercial building maintenance
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer skills
- Start: 10/11/2023
- Rate: £47420 per annum
- Location: Portsmouth,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: CBW Staffing Solutions
- Contact: Archie Reed
- Tel: 02035833099
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Night Mech - 47k
- Posted: 2023-11-10 15:12:07 -
- View all Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Data Centre Shift Engineer
- Data Centre Shift Engineer
- Billing Administrator
- Cleaning Operative
- Area Contract Manager
- Data Centre Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Shift Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Contract Support Administrator
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Operative
- Immediate Cleaner
- Fabric Engineer
- Entry Level Administrator
- Hospitality & Office Services Assistant
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Electrical Shift Maintenance Engineer
- Mobile Air Conditoning Engineer
- Mobile Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- FM Admin / Contract Support