Finance Business Partner
How would you like to be the Finance Director of your business area?
Do you want to be at the heart of the business and do you have a passion to make a difference by bringing Finance to life?
Would you like to belong to a forward looking organisation that promotes flexibility and inclusivity and has the environment and people at it's heart?
If so, read on...
I’m pleased to announce that we are now recruiting a Finance Business Partner to join our Finance Team. We’re a team that works hard, and that has fun and celebrates our success.
Finance Business Partners at The Coal Authority enjoy a varied role which reflects the diverse range of activity undertaken by the organisation.
To keep things interesting and provide a fresh challenge, business partner areas are moved around the team every 1-2years.
You will see yourself as Finance Director for the area of business that you support.
In practice, that means you think holistically, are regularly involved, and provide a great service covering, planning, reporting, governance and decision support.
You will receive a generous overall benefits package, including a bonus scheme that will recognise your performance and contribution and your ongoing development will be supported, in fact we require all staff to complete 5 days training.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
Alongside five other Finance Business Partners, you will report to the Principal Finance Manager and be responsible for providing the management accounting and decision support services to the Authority’s management teams, incorporating financial planning and analysis, commercial support, performance monitoring and reporting.
Governance is also a key element of the role, for example internal and external audit, and effectively assessing risks in the business area you support.
You will effectively manage own performance and be accountable for meeting individual, team and corporate objectives, through positive contribution, as well as in accordance with the organisation’s values and behaviours. Identify opportunities and implement change as part of a continuous improvement cycle driving efficiency, effectiveness and value for money,
You will have mature people skills, enjoying effectively developing and maintaining and develop positive stakeholder relationships.
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: Monday 13th November
Sifting date: Tuesday 14th November
Interviews: Thursday 16th November & Friday 17th November
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Support with professional qualifications
- Payment of one annual professional subscription
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Employee discounts available through Edenred
- Annual health check
- £15 per month towards wellbeing activities
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- A values based recognition scheme
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 03/11/2023
- Rate: £41,083 - £45,648
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0206
- Posted: 2023-11-03 17:21:03 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Head of Infrastructure Programme (Salinity)
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager Team Leader - 20 Months FTC
- Product Development Research Manager - 5 month FTC
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager - 20 Months FTC
- Principal Technical Manager - Inland Salinity
- Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity
- Programme Support Officer
- Engineering Support Officer
- PMO Analyst
- Executive Assistant
- Project Manager ( FTC 4 Months )
- Nature Recovery & Catchment Partnerships Manager
- Assistant Chemist
- Project Manager