Shift Leader / Supervisor - FM Service Provider - Critical Data Centre - Herts/Essex - £56,500 to £60,000
Are you a Shift Leader looking for a new challenge?
Are you a Shift Technician looking to step up to a Shift Leader?
Are you looking for a role in Herts/Essex based in a critical data centre?
Exciting opportunity to work for a Leading FM Service Provider.
CBW are currently recruiting for X2 Shift Leaders / Supervisors to be based in a critical data centre in Herts/Essex.
As the post holder, you will be expected to have extensive understanding of Critical Facilities/Data Centre infrastructure (Electrical, Mechanical, and DC specific infrastructure).
As the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for effective inspection, operation and maintenance of all associated assets within the Data Centre.
In return, the company is offering further training (HVAP) Free parking on site, overtime and career progression.
In return the company is offering a starting salary of £56,500 rising to £60,000 on completion of probation period, overtime, training and career progression.
Key duties & Responsibilities
- Operate all M&E systems within the Data Centre in a competent, effective and efficient manner (including HV Electrical isolations/operations).
- Making recommendations for improvement and providing concise technical reports when required.
- Ensuring that all Specialist Sub Contractors visits are conducting works in line with approved Standard Operating Procedures/ MOP/PTW/client change requests.
- Ensure that Specialist Sub Contractor worksheets are signed off where necessary, that quality of work has been inspected and recommendations are communicated to the Data Centre Manager.
- Cover additional shifts for colleagues in the event of annual leave, training or other absence.
- Accurately reporting of all completed work orders, including precise recording of any critical spares/stock items used during these tasks.
- Reviewing and preparing MOP’s, SOP’s and EOP’s and associated risk assessments.
- Completing the shift handover reports, ensuring that significant events or activities are noted and effectively communicated to oncoming shifts and the management team
- Champion and promote QHSE compliance activities, such as Hazard/Near Miss Reporting and regular Toolbox Talks.
- Proactively attend nominated training courses as identified by management in line with DCS training matrix.
- Contribute to a positive culture within the team, regarding personal development and training.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of safe systems of work, ensuring compliance with relevant QHSE policy and procedures.
- Supervising completion of assigned planned and reactive maintenance tasks.
- Supporting training and development of shift technicians and apprentices.
- Participation in engineering Quality Assurance process, to validate the standards of completed works.
- Continental shift pattern / Days & Nights –3 days - 3 nights - 4 off - 4 days - 6 off - 4 nights - 4 off
- Fully electrically qualified to recongnised standard
- City & Guilds - Level 2 & 3
- Experience in Data Centre or Critical Environment
- Strong understanding of critical plant: HV/LV switching, shutdowns, HVAC, UPS systems, Power distribution, HVAC, Diesel Generators
- HVAP is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff.
- Good Leadership & Management skills
- Safe systems of Work Procedure - PTW, RAMS experience
- Health and safety and statutory compliance knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop excellent
- Ability to lead a team when under pressure, whilst remaining calm, clear thinking and able to deliver the required services to the client within given time constraints.
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Area General Manager
- Chef De Partie
- Mobile Commercial Gas Engineer
- Account Manager
- Data Centre Day Engineer
- Data Centre Shift Engineer
- Data Centre Shift Engineer
- Billing Administrator
- Cleaning Operative
- Area Contract Manager
- Data Centre Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Shift Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Contract Support Administrator
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Operative
- Immediate Cleaner
- Fabric Engineer
- Entry Level Administrator
- Hospitality & Office Services Assistant