Do you love working in Excel?
Do you know your Agile from your Waterfall style of project management?
Have you experience with MS Project or Project Online?
Then we would love to hear from you
This is a varied and rewarding role within our Corporate Programme Management Office (PMO).
We're looking for an enthusiastic project team member to support the team with ensuring that key PMO activities are undertaken and projects are suitably governed and assured.
You will have:
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail (excellent co-ordination and organisational skills)
- An understanding of project and programme processes; experience of working in a PMO would be beneficial but not essential
- A demonstrable ability to learn at pace
- A good knowledge of excel and MS Office, experience of working with MS Project would be advantageous but not essential
- An ability to work flexibly and be able to adapt and move between tasks easily
- A working style with a focus on attention to detail, focussing on quality rather than quantity output
- Experience of the co-ordination of meeting activities including, minute taking, action collation, reporting and scheduling.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
This is a varied and rewarding role within our Corporate Programme Office PMO. We're looking for an enthusiastic analyst to support our governance and assurance of projects and support our continuous improvement journey, with an opportunity to develop across a variety of Programme environments.
Our projects are extremely diverse and rely on the PMO to support across the Projects within the Fit For The Future, Great Place to Work, Digital and Innovation programmes, including but not limited to: supporting governance reporting on projects, coordination and support to Programme and Project Boards and distribution of actions and minutes, supporting continuous improvement initiatives and gathering data and maintaining documentation.
Main Purpose of the Job
- To support the Programme Management Office in the successful delivery of programmes and projects, and adoption of best practice project management standards
- To analyse, monitor information and provide timely delivery of relevant management information and reporting the Executive team, Senior Managers and other stakeholders
- To improve systems and reporting at the Programme and Project level
Role location: Mansfield (Hybrid)
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 5th November 2023
Sifting date: 6th November 2023
Interviews: w/c 13 November 2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Support with professional qualifications
- Payment of one annual professional subscription
- Free, confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Employee discounts available through Edenred
- Annual health check
- £15 per month towards wellbeing activities
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- A values based recognition scheme
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Head of Infrastructure Programme (Salinity)
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager Team Leader - 20 Months FTC
- Product Development Research Manager - 5 month FTC
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager - 20 Months FTC
- Principal Technical Manager - Inland Salinity
- Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity
- Finance Business Partner
- Programme Support Officer
- Engineering Support Officer
- Executive Assistant
- Project Manager ( FTC 4 Months )
- Nature Recovery & Catchment Partnerships Manager
- Assistant Chemist
- Project Manager