Project Manager ( FTC 4 Months )
Are able to engage and communicate effectively with project and non-project people at every level?
Do you understand Project, Programme and Portfolio Management principles, tools & techniques?
Can you facilitate and produce project schedules?
If so, read on….
You will be a project professional with excellent communication skills and a motivator of teams to deliver a good quality outcome using your proven stakeholder management skills.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience in the Project Management of high value, complex projects
- Has experience of procuring/tendering contracts and understands the associated processes
- Experience of communicating effectively with project and non-project professionals at every level
- Experience of producing project schedules using the waterfall methodology to maximise the project outcome
- Strong negotiation and supervisory skills
- A methodical and organised approach to work
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
Working in the Corporate Delivery team, the successful candidate will act as project manager delivering key projects for the renewal of contracts and frameworks essential for the development and operation of the Coal Authority’s Mine Water Treatment Schemes.
- Communicating with and influencing key stakeholders at all levels to deliver the project/s at pace in order to meet project critical milestones
- Reviewing and updating project programmes/schedules and monitoring project delivery against the agreed timescales
- Ensuring the appropriate internal and external governance and assurance is applied around your project
- Supporting the production of documentation such as board papers and business cases needed to gain approvals for the continuation of the project/s
- Producing highlight reports and capacity forecasts on a monthly basis
- To apply best practice Project Management principles, tools and techniques, including: Lifecycle Management, Managing Issues, Risks, Change, Budgets, Stakeholders, Stage Reviews, Task & Resource Planning and Management, Reporting at all levels, Problem Solving, Learning lessons, ensuring Business Case Benefits Realisation etc.
- To lead and influence key business stakeholders across the organisation to implement business change
- To champion projects assigned and communicate regarding them at all levels
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 18 October 2023
Sifting date: 19 0ctober 2023
Interviews: w/c 23 October 23
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 09/10/2023
- Rate: £35,763 - £43,710
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0196
- Posted: 2023-10-09 17:38:02 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Head of Infrastructure Programme (Salinity)
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager Team Leader - 20 Months FTC
- Product Development Research Manager - 5 month FTC
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager - 20 Months FTC
- Principal Technical Manager - Inland Salinity
- Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity
- Finance Business Partner
- Programme Support Officer
- Engineering Support Officer
- PMO Analyst
- Executive Assistant
- Nature Recovery & Catchment Partnerships Manager
- Assistant Chemist
- Project Manager