Compliance Officer | Banking | Gibraltar | Competitive Salary Package | Office based
The Compliance Officer will play a vital role in ensuring that our client operates in full compliance
with all relevant legal and regulatory requirements and industry standards in Gibraltar.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the successful Compliance Officer will hold an ICA certificate, have a thorough understanding of financial regulations and proven financial crime knowledge.
The Compliance Officer will work closely with various stakeholders within the Company to maintain a culture of compliance and risk management.
What's on offer to you?
- Genuine career progression with an established Banking institution
- Competitive Salary package
- Reporting to the Head of Compliance, Risk and Ethics
What You Will Be Doing
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws, regulations, and guidelines applicable to the financial industry and Gibraltar jurisdiction.
- Identify and report any compliance issues, violations, or deficiencies to the Head of Compliance.
- Conduct due diligence on clients and transactions to detect and prevent financial crime.
- Report suspicious transactions and escalate them to the appropriate authorities, as necessary
- Assist in the development and implementation of financial crime systems and controls.
- Provide compliance training to staff members and ensure they are aware of and understand compliance policies and procedures.
- Foster a culture of compliance awareness within the Bank.
- Maintain accurate records of compliance activities, reports, and findings.
- Provide support with preparation and submission of regular compliance reports to Management team and regulatory authorities as required.
- Assess the Bank's compliance-related risks and assist in developing risk mitigation strategies.
- Serve as a point of contact for regulatory authorities and respond to inquiries or requests for information.
- Collaborate with external advisors and consultants on compliance matters.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- A Degree or 3 years relevant experience in a compliance role, preferably within the financial industry.
- ICA Certificate or equivalen.t
- Knowledge of financial regulations and financial crime requirements.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and quality.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team.
Keywords: Compliance Officer |Gibraltar | Banking | Regulation | Financial Industry | ICA certificate
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Senior Marketing and Events Manager
- Backend PHP Developer
- Operational Resilience Manager
- PHP Developer
- Affiliate Manager
- Accounts Support Administrator
- Carer/Travel Companion
- Audit Assistant Manager
- Property Financial Analyst
- Secretary / Personal Assistant
- Development and Integration Analyst
- Talent Acquisition – President/VP Level
- Financial Controller
- Senior Investment Analyst
- HR Coordinator
- Audit Manager
- Business Development Associate
- Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Audit Associate