Are you a chemical scientist looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact on our environment?
Are you interested in developing real solutions to challenges in water treatment?
Do you want to develop your professional skills working in a multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers?
If so, read on......
- You'll bring relevant qualifications in chemical sciences, process engineering or a similar subject.
- You'll have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- You'll be confident in analysing scientific data and writing technical reports.
- You'll have a basic knowledge of water treatment processes that you will strengthen and deepen in the role.
- You'll be willing to travel across the UK to our operational sites including some overnight stays.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
- Collating, analysing and interpreting analytical and operational data from our 75+ mine water treatment schemes and other monitoring locations.
- Inputting into the design of new coal and metal mine water treatment schemes, particularly those using active chemical treatments.
- Ensuring that the chemical data we collect is fit for purpose and liaising with operators, samplers and laboratories to follow up and resolve any issues.
- Working closely with the Senior Process Chemist and Process Engineer on a wide range of water treatment projects on existing and new sites.
Role location: Activity-based on site
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date:25/09/2023
Sifting date: 26/09/2023
Interviews: w/c 02/10/2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager Team Leader - 20 Months FTC
- Product Development Research Manager - 5 month FTC
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager - 20 Months FTC
- Principal Technical Manager - Inland Salinity
- Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity
- Finance Business Partner
- Programme Support Officer
- Engineering Support Officer
- PMO Analyst
- Executive Assistant
- Project Manager ( FTC 4 Months )
- Nature Recovery & Catchment Partnerships Manager
- Project Manager
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Governance Support Officer (Maternity Cover) 30 hours per week
- Procurement Business Partner - Fixed Term Contract