M&E Shift Team Leader
M&E Shift Team Leader / Manager - Client Direct - Unique Commercial Estate - London (Moorgate) - Up to £56,000 + package
Are you a Shift Leader looking for a new challenge?
Are you a Shift Technician looking to step up to a Shift Leader?
Would you like to work at a unique commercial estate in London? Exciting and rare opportunity to work client side.
CBW are currently recruiting for X2 M&E Shift Team Leaders to be based on a unique and large commercial estate located close to Moorgate.
The M&E Shift Team leader / Manager will manage and support his/her immediate shift team to ensure that all the statutory and mandatory planned maintenance (PPMs) tasks are distributed, completed and signed off in line with our PPM Schedule, and the building is compliant with the relevant statutory standards and Health and Safety requirements.
You will support the wider Engineering team in operating the BMS (Building Management System), individual plant and lighting infrastructure to ensure optimal environmental conditions are achieved in a sustainable way, keeping the energy levels down.
Kety duties & Responsibilities
- To take charge of the day to day operation of the engineering service; be the main point of contact for our customers and to be responsible for problem resolution and communication.
- To organise your shift - manage the distribution of reactive and PPM tasks across the team and be responsible for the performance of the shift.
- Ensure you and your team complete the regular PPMs on time in accordance with SFG20 (standard maintenance specification for building engineering services)
- To efficiently record all relevant data, necessary for the effective operation of the building plant and equipment.
Create daily update reports and/or other written tasks for the effective running of the Engineering Office
- Oversee the correct operation of all electrical, mechanical, HVAC, refrigeration, fire safety, controls, lighting, water and other systems/plant
- To carry out all functions of line management for the members (normally 4 or 5) of your multi-disciplinary shift team to include, induction, upskilling, toolbox talks, appraisals, objective setting, reviews, performance management, absence management, training etc.
- To be the “go-to” person supporting your team/colleagues to help them to gain extensive building knowledge and improve their maintenance abilities across all types of plant and controls.
- To communicate effectively to keep your team and management staff and other departments updated and to pass on information as necessary.
- To control contractors working on site, ensuring correct permits are issued and signed-off (PTW, Hot Works, Confined Spaces etc).
Isolations are completed correctly.
- Provide condition-based reports on problematic plant, instigate, supervise and actively participate in the installation of new services and the modification of existing plant where appropriate.
- To access and be familiar with drawings, O&Ms, plans, schematics, installation/maintenance/user guides etc.
- To assist with the effective maintenance and repairs of plant and equipment.
- To source and price parts as required for the completion of planned and reactive maintenance and installation works.
- To understand and optimise/ minimise energy consumption
- To undertake relevant duties as required, and as directed by the Engineering Managers.
- To be the representative for the Engineering Managers in their absence.
- A recognised building services trade qualification (minimum City and Guilds Level 3 in one or more of the following disciplines: (Electrical or Mechanical)
- 17th or 18th Edition - Electrical Installations qualification (essential only for electrical trades)
- Knowledge of statutory PPM standards and Health and Safety regulations
- A good level of IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to use computer-based systems such as CAFM
- Good verbal communications skills with ability to explain technical matters to non-technical staff.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good written communication skills with an ability to write update reports, respond to management e-mails and draft other work-related correspondence
- Experience supervising / managing a small team
- Experience of large building services, LTHW, LV, HV, Fire/Sprinkler systems, Air conditioning (AC), Refrigeration, Ventilation and Drainage
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Area General Manager
- Chef De Partie
- Mobile Commercial Gas Engineer
- Account Manager
- Data Centre Day Engineer
- Data Centre Shift Engineer
- Data Centre Shift Engineer
- Billing Administrator
- Cleaning Operative
- Area Contract Manager
- Data Centre Electrical Engineer
- Mechanical Shift Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Contract Support Administrator
- Multi-Skilled Maintenance Operative
- Immediate Cleaner
- Fabric Engineer
- Entry Level Administrator
- Hospitality & Office Services Assistant