Do you want to be part of a growing programme to prevent and reverse environmental impacts from historic mining operations?
Can you help us deliver exciting new water treatment projects, taking them from concept through to construction completion?
Do you want the opportunity to progress in a friendly motivated team delivering exciting projects that protect the water environment across the UK?
If so, read on….
- Experience of project management
- Experience of managing consultants and contractors (preferably through the NEC suite of contracts).
- Excellent budget, programme & risk management skills
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation
- The ability to work with other teams to deliver projects
- Liaison, negotiation and presentation skills
- Experience of working in the water and waste water treatment or environmental sectors
- Experience of identifying and developing solutions for constrained and complex water remediation projects
- Experience of developing and delivering refurbishment of existing assets
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
At the Coal Authority the Environment Department is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution from abandoned coal and metal mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 75 existing mine water treatment schemes. There are three main delivery programmes covering sites spread across the former coal and metal mining areas in England, Wales and Scotland.
We are recruiting to fill a number of roles that sit within these programme delivery teams. Each role is responsible for day to day delivery of projects which can include the delivery of complex new water treatment schemes and refurbishments of our existing schemes.
- Joining the Projects team and helping to manage a portfolio of varied projects to remediate contaminated water from both coal & historic metal mines through the development of new schemes as well as the refurbishment of existing assets.
- Typically leading and managing a number of projects, being responsible for delivering to agreed budgets and milestones.
- Working closely with our technical, operations, innovations & R&D teams to find the best solutions and maximise commercial opportunities for each scheme.
- Preparing project investment papers to obtain funding.
- Managing stakeholders and statutory bodies to obtain consents & permissions.
You can see more about what we do here:
The Coal Authority: Overview | LinkedIn
Coal mine water treatment - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Metal mine water treatment - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Water and Abandoned Metal Mines (WAMM) - YouTube
Role location: Mansfield/Hybrid
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 1/10/2023
Sifting date: 2/10/2023
Interviews: W/C 9/10/2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 15/09/2023
- Rate: £41,083 - £45,648
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0147
- Posted: 2023-09-15 12:04:06 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Head of Infrastructure Programme (Salinity)
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager Team Leader - 20 Months FTC
- Product Development Research Manager - 5 month FTC
- Mining Consultant and Information Manager - 20 Months FTC
- Principal Technical Manager - Inland Salinity
- Principal Programme Manager - Inland Salinity
- Finance Business Partner
- Programme Support Officer
- Engineering Support Officer
- PMO Analyst
- Executive Assistant
- Project Manager ( FTC 4 Months )
- Nature Recovery & Catchment Partnerships Manager
- Assistant Chemist