Business Planning and Risk Analyst
Do you have a keen eye for detail?
Is having a forward plan in place what makes you tick?
Can you thrive under pressure to still deliver a quality service?
If so, read on......
Having strong analytical and reporting skills is essential to being successful in this role
Experience of working across core Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Strong administrative skills would also be beneficial in this role
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
You will be required to support both the Principal Business Planning & Systems Manager and the Business Planning Manager in providing assurance and information through to our Executive team through corporate reporting and planning.
Analysing, monitoring and collating important information relating to the delivery of our organisational objectives is a priority for this role.
You will support the Principal Risk and Governance Manager through collation, analysis and reporting of corporate risk.
Role location: Mansfield Office/Hybrid
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 18th September
Sifting date:19th September
Interviews: w/c 25th September
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 01/09/2023
- Rate: £27,314 - £30,349
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0186
- Posted: 2023-09-01 14:19:03 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Assistant Chemist
- Project Manager
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Governance Support Officer (Maternity Cover) 30 hours per week
- Procurement Business Partner - Fixed Term Contract
- Planning & Development Team Leader
- Innovation Business Development Manager (FTC)
- Finance Business Partner
- Project Manager - (2 year FTC)
- Principal Project Manager
- Head of Programme Delivery Inland Salinity
- Head of Sustainability
- Project Manager - Digital (2 year FTC)
- Property and Estates Manager
- Assistant Hydrogeologist
- Assistant Geotechnical Asset Manager
- Principal Programme Manager - Coal
- Principal Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Senior People and OD Business Partner
- Technical Lead