An opportunity has arisen within a successful Preston based business for an Office Administrator.
The business we are recruiting for is a leader in their specialist field, is a growing company and is flourishing.
Primarily your role, within the office, will involve dealing with the transport and logistics side of the business and processing sales and purchase orders as well as working with the office team to ensure all administration tasks are completed and up to date.
This position offers plenty of variety and progression within a modern and friendly fast paced environment.
If you have some experience in dealing with haulage and logistics companies or import and export administration, that would be a huge bonus.
Your new job
- Dealing with customers, by phone and email, and processing sales and purchase orders.
- Administration for the transport and logistics side of the business.
- Booking transport and liaising with haulage companies.
- Providing updates and dealing with any issues that may arise.
- General office Administration duties such as ordering and replenishing office supplies.
- Responding to customer enquiries via email and phone (no sales involved).
- Supporting and information gathering for the sales and technical teams.
- Processing and issuing of guarantees.
- Updating sales order reports.
- Organise and manage the smooth running of training days and VIP visits.
- Able to deal with people professionally and build a rapport with customers, suppliers and team members.
- Experience working in a transport or logistics role would be beneficial.
- Stable work history.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Motivated to able to deliver exceptional levels of customer service.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proactive / bags of initiative.
- Team player.
- Able to pre-empt potential issues and come up with solutions.
- Reliable and resourceful.
Salary and benefits
- Starting salary of between £18,000 and £24,000 (defendant on experience).
- 25 days holiday per year.
- Private healthcare.
- Company pension scheme.
- Death in service policy.
- Shutdown between Christmas and New Year.
- Your birthday is an additional day off (if it lands on a weekday).
- An employer with a stable and well supported team of people.
To apply for this job, you must already have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
We do not offer sponsorships or immigration advice.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: £24,000 per year
- Location: Preston, Lancashire, UK
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Secreterial
- Recruiter: Recruit Hospitality Ltd
- Contact: Paul Murphy
- Tel: 01772 846320
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 4A-1499-65
- Posted: 2023-08-30 16:54:22 -
- View all Jobs from Recruit Hospitality Ltd