Mechanical Engineer: SolidWorks / SolidEdge - N Bucks
My clients in North Bucks have an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Engineer: SolidWorks / SolidEdge.
This role is commutable from Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, St.
Neots, Biggleswade, Sandy, Bedford.
Although there is some flexibility for occasional work from home, you should expect to spend most of your time in the office.
The role may involve occasional travel to meet with customers and support product deployment.
My clients are a world leader in in the design, manufacture and continuous improvement of wireless condition monitoring solutions.
Their technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining.
More than 30,000 sensors were installed last year, helping users manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more.
As a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the design, development, and implementation of cutting-edge mechanical systems and components.
Your expertise and leadership will be instrumental in driving projects from conception to completion, ensuring the highest standards of quality, performance, and efficiency.
You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including design, research & development, and project management, to deliver innovative solutions that meet the specific needs of clients.
Key Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
• Lead and participate in the design, analysis, and optimisation of mechanical systems, components, and products, adhering to industry standards and best practices.
• Conduct thorough engineering calculations, simulations, and testing to validate design concepts and ensure compliance with project requirements and specifications.
• Oversee the creation of detailed engineering drawings, models, and documentation, ensuring accuracy and clarity for manufacturing and assembly processes.
• Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional growth.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify project requirements, set milestones, and develop project timelines and budgets.
• Stay updated with the latest technological advancements and industry trends, applying this knowledge to enhance product designs and maintain a competitive edge.
• Perform root cause analysis and troubleshooting for any mechanical issues, proposing effective solutions to ensure smooth project execution.
• Support the procurement process by conducting supplier evaluations and reviewing mechanical components for compliance with project requirements.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant safety standards and regulations throughout the design and development process.
• Engage in effective communication with clients, suppliers, team members, and stakeholders to present project updates, proposals, and technical reports.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field (or equivalent experience).
• Proven, solid experience as a Mechanical Engineer, with demonstrable experience in a relevant industry such as rail, infrastructure, construction or mining.
• Strong proficiency in 3D CAD software (eg.
SolidWorks, SolidEdge) and simulation tools to design and analyse mechanical systems.
• Demonstrable track record in leading engineering projects, delivering successful outcomes on time and within budget.
• In-depth knowledge of industry standards, codes, and regulations related to mechanical engineering.
• A Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is a plus.
• Experience in developing products for rail, mining, infrastructure, or construction industries.
• Product development for wireless monitoring solutions.
• Understanding of designing products for harsh sub-sea environment & ATEX.
Salary to c£55k, negotiable for a candidate with extremely well matched skills & experience.
Workplace Pension Scheme with matched employer contributions.
Life Assurance scheme.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Tech Purchase Scheme.
Private Healthcare & Cash Plan.
Learning & Development scheme including a variety of training courses.
Volunteer Time Off.
To apply for this Mechanical Engineer: SolidWorks / SolidEdge role in North Bucks please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: MEWM-712026-AG
- Posted: 2023-08-15 18:01:33 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment
More Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment
- Engineering Manager - Precision Engineering - Suffolk
- Senior / Lead Software Engineer: Azure / AWS / DevOps - N Bucks
- Principal Software Engineer/Architect: AWS / Azure / DevOps - N Bucks
- Embedded Software Engineer - C / RTOS - N Bucks
- Software QA Engineer: Web Monitoring - N Bucks
- Thermal Physicist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Thermal Chemist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Facilities & Equipment Engineering Coordinator - Cambs
- Chemist: Battery Materials - Cambs
- Customer Support Technician: Electronics - N Bucks
- Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics - N Bucks
- Patent Analyst - Biochemistry / Chemistry - Cambs
- Senior Software Engineer: Python - N Bucks