Junior Insurance Underwriter
This role is based in the company offices in Gibraltar (Southern Europe) and is NOT a remote role so you would need to relocate to Southern Europe.
RecruitGibraltar are searching for a Junior Insurance Underwriter for a leading insurance company in Gibraltar who has a great track record of training and promoting bright, switched-on, talented employees for financial and professional progression.
This is a junior role so full training will be given.
What will you do as a Junior Insurance Underwriter?
• Providing an underwriting and referral service to brokers and other providers
• Reviewing underwriting policy documentation, underwriting guides and scheme files
• Keeping detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made
• Premium calculations
• Assessing policies for elements of potential fraud and providing a fraud referral service to brokers and other providers
• Reviewing claims where there are indemnity issues
• Provide daily assistance through answering phone calls and being part of a daily phone rota
• Reviewing and working fraud systems and workflows
• Liaising with other areas of the group, ensure continuous feedback loop
What do you know that makes you a great Junior Insurance Underwriter?
• Previous experience in the insurance industry
• Knowledge of insurance principles and practices is essential
• Excellent time management
• Team player
• Good communication skills
• Relationship Builder
• Computer literate
Salary £20k - £22k based on experience with benefits package.