Customer Support Technician: Electronics - N Bucks
My clients in North Bucks have an immediate requirement for a Customer Support Technician: Electronics.
This role is commutable from Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, St.
Neots, Biggleswade, Sandy, Bedford.
My clients are a world leader in in the design, manufacture and continuous improvement of wireless condition monitoring solutions.
Their technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining.
More than 30,000 sensors were installed last year, helping users manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more.
Reporting, Location & Travel:
This role reports to the Team Lead and Global Customer Support Manager.
The role is to work from home with the flexibility to work from the office when required.
There is an occasional requirement for national and international travel, primarily to meet customers and support product deployment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Customer Support Technician, you will take a hands-on role in providing support for customers ahead of, during and after the installation of new projects, replacements, and changes.
The role also involves training customers and preparing electronic/mechanical equipment for dispatch for new projects and replacements.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
• Clarifying customer technical requirements ahead of new project installations and briefing the production team.
• Supporting customers during project installation.
• Setting up monitoring diagrams, users, alerts and calculations.
• Attending site when required to support customer installations or investigate reported faults.
• Assisting customers with technical queries and fault reports by phone, email and through a helpdesk ticket system.
• Managing the return and replacement of faulty equipment.
• Assisting with fault diagnosis and contributing to fault reduction.
• Providing training to customers mostly using teleconferencing, sometimes on site or in the company facility.
• Configuring equipment to customer specifications, fitting mounting brackets and ancillary equipment, packing for dispatch.
• Receiving returned equipment and diagnosing faults.
• Carrying out minor repairs and refurbishment of equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
• Demonstrable experience of customer service in an engineering or technical environment.
• Excellent customer relations skills.
• Fluent in English.
• A second language from Spanish, German, French or Italian.
• Good ability with Excel, and other Office apps.
• Other spoken/written languages.
• Understanding of IP Networking.
• Onsite Experience.
Salary to c£40k, negotiable for a candidate with extremely well matched skills & experience.
Workplace Pension Scheme with matched employer contributions.
Life Assurance scheme.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Tech Purchase Scheme.
Learning & Development scheme including a variety of training courses.
To apply for this Customer Support Technician: Electronics role in North Bucks please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: CETS-712026-AG
- Posted: 2023-08-04 15:41:18 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment
More Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment
- Senior / Lead Software Engineer: Azure / AWS / DevOps - N Bucks
- Principal Software Engineer/Architect: AWS / Azure / DevOps - N Bucks
- Mechanical Engineer: SolidWorks / SolidEdge - N Bucks
- Embedded Software Engineer - C / RTOS - N Bucks
- Software QA Engineer: Web Monitoring - N Bucks
- Thermal Physicist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Thermal Chemist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Facilities & Equipment Engineering Coordinator - Cambs
- Chemist: Battery Materials - Cambs
- Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics - N Bucks
- Patent Analyst - Biochemistry / Chemistry - Cambs
- Senior Software Engineer: Python - N Bucks
- Equipment Engineer: Vacuum Deposition - Oxfordshire