Senior Software Engineer: Python - N Bucks
My clients in North Bucks have an immediate requirement for a Senior Software Engineer: Python.
This role is commutable from Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, St.
Neots, Biggleswade, Sandy, Bedford.
My clients are a world leader in in the design, manufacture and continuous improvement of wireless condition monitoring solutions.
Their technology is used in 35 countries in rail, construction and mining.
More than 30,000 sensors were installed last year, helping users manage ground and structural movement, landslide risk, geotechnical behaviour, rail track movement and much more.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
You will lead a small team and drive development for a product.
This is a hands-on role developing a full end-to-end solution using a range of technologies.
You will be involved in the company’s data monitoring system which provides customers with user friendly tools for managing IoT devices and monitoring critical data.
You will be involved in various aspects of the product; front end, mid-layer and data-layer, and will be leading the team in developing and maintaining the product.
Responsibilities include, although are not limited to the following:
Lead a team and take a hands-on approach to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable product and features which complies to best practices and industry standards.
Help maintain code quality, organisation and automation.
Writing and maintaining Unit and UI tests.
Writing and maintaining documentation associated with the development process.
Participate in project reviews.
Provide help and guidance to junior team members.
Help to establish team practices that contribute to greater velocity and quality.
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
Candidates should assess their suitability against the following essential and/or desirable relevant knowledge and experience:
Proven experience leading a team.
Solid programming experience using Python.
Experience of using the following technology:
Web API and RESTful services.
Practical experience with object-oriented programming and REST based APIs.
Experience with unit, UI and integration testing.
An understanding of cloud technology.
An understanding of CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) strategies.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
Additional experience of using the following would be desirable:
Azure cloud services.
Experience with Go, Kubernetes, RabbitMQ, Docker, NoSQL.
Salary to £65k, negotiable for a candidate with extremely well matched skills & experience.
Workplace Pension Scheme with matched employer contributions.
Life Assurance scheme.
Cycle to Work Scheme.
Tech Purchase Scheme.
Learning & Development scheme including a variety of training courses.
To apply for this Senior Software Engineer: Python role in North Bucks please contact us ASAP!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package
- Location: Milton Keynes
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Blue Marble Recruitment
- Tel: 07720 841 444
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SPJE-712026-AG
- Posted: 2023-08-03 10:45:59 -
- View all Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment
More Jobs from Blue Marble Recruitment
- Senior / Lead Software Engineer: Azure / AWS / DevOps - N Bucks
- Principal Software Engineer/Architect: AWS / Azure / DevOps - N Bucks
- Mechanical Engineer: SolidWorks / SolidEdge - N Bucks
- Embedded Software Engineer - C / RTOS - N Bucks
- Software QA Engineer: Web Monitoring - N Bucks
- Thermal Physicist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Thermal Chemist: High Conductivity Materials - Cambs
- Facilities & Equipment Engineering Coordinator - Cambs
- Chemist: Battery Materials - Cambs
- Customer Support Technician: Electronics - N Bucks
- Senior Quality Engineer - Electronics - N Bucks
- Patent Analyst - Biochemistry / Chemistry - Cambs
- Equipment Engineer: Vacuum Deposition - Oxfordshire