Fire Risk Assessor - Glasgow - Salary Up to 55K DOE
CBW have a great new opportunity for an experienced Fire Risk Assessor for a fire protection company in the Glasgow area. This company have a strong portfolio of blue chip companies ranging from : Military bases, NHS, Education and private commercial landlords.
As a Fire Risk Assessor, you would be primarily responsible for the following:
- Carrying out inspections to a range of property types covering a wide range of sectors including care homes, hospitals, schools, hotels etc under the Fire
(Scotland) Act 2005
- Carry out site surveys, check fire strategies and plans as appropriate.
- Identify fire hazards and risks and propose measures to reduce risks and improve fire safety.
- Prepare and issue fire risk assessments and reports on fire safety related issues.
- Assist in the management of fire safety information by ensuring all daily activities are accurately recorded.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the current Health and Safety legislation and its application to property management.
- Provide clear, pragmatic and accurate fire safety advice to our clients and assist with the development and implementation of their fire safety
- Proactivity, staying abreast with current fire legislation, maintaining your CPD, attention to detail, and maintaining and consistently delivering a high standard of work are also crucial elements for this role.
- Liaising with residents and clients whilst on-site.
- To attend and participate in both internal and external training courses as required.
please note that out of hours work will be required also noting there will be
travel throughout the UK with this role.
- A recognised qualification in the Fire Safety Sector or Health and Safety e.g.
- Knowledge of current fire safety legislation including Fire (Scotland) Act 2005 and Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006
- A full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle is required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Fire safety and Fire safety Principles, including: Fire Prevention Passive Fire Protection (including performance requirements) Active Fire Protection, Fire Behaviour, Human behaviour in the event of fire Means of Escape.
- Experience of carrying out fire safety inspections or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of the relevant suites of guidance and reference material produced by government departments, industry and standards making bodies e.g.
Building Standards Technical Handbooks, British Standards etc.
- Organised and with ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Use IT effectively in collation, analysis and presentation of information including Word and Outlook.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Start: 02/08/2023
- Rate: £35000 - £55000 per annum
- Location: Glasgow,Scotland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Property
- Recruiter: CBW Staffing Solutions
- Contact: Louise McLaren
- Tel: 07528568186
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: V-36059
- Posted: 2023-08-02 14:37:03 -
- View all Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Air Conditioning Engineer
- Customer Service Advisor
- Sous Chef
- Building Services Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Permit Manager
- Mobile Electrical Engineer
- Shift Maintenance Engineer x8 (New Building)
- Residential Admin
- Contract Support
- Business Support Manager
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Shift Engineer - Static
- Technical Services Manager
- Day Shift Engineer
- Semi Static AC Engineer