Energy Manager - Client Direct - Central London - Commercial Estate - Up to 75k
Do you have a solid background in energy management in the commercial maintenance sector?
Would you like to work directly for one of the UK's leading managing agents?
If so, please read on…
A leading managing agent is currently recruiting for an Energy Manager to support operations and project teams in delivering a first class service in energy management and carbon reduction across a Commercial estate based in Central London.
The estate includes a large number of corporate head offices and other associated buildings who are all really trying to focus on energy saving and consumption.
As an Energy Manager, you will be responsible for delivering sustainability strategy advice and you will be expected to have a clear understanding in green building standards and certifications, as the clients will depend on your knowledge and findings to cover energy-use, carbon footprint, health and wellness features and improvement plans.
Key duties & Responsibilities:
- Setting strategy, policy and KPI's, identifying, justifying and implementing energy reduction projects and tools.
- Implementing energy management processes, internal and external reporting on energy consumption and initiatives.
- Co-ordinating with technical staff and undertaking energy surveys, feasibility studies and implementing energy reduction projects, and supporting the engineering and project teams to implement energy reduction projects.
- Optimisation of HVAC and electrical plant and equipment whilst maintaining a statutory required service provision.
- Proactive attendance and participation at Bid/Tender returns and presentations
- Introduction of new technologies to support sustainability targets
- Manage energy budgets, deal with any energy specific bill recharges, and proactively lead on the correction of deviations against annual forecasts for consumption and billing.
- Use sound project management principles to deliver discrete projects, and good general organisational techniques to manage business-as-usual workload priorities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, technical guidance, and organisational policies specific to energy, buildings, sustainability, and wider environmental issues.
- Undertake measurement and verification of energy savings linked to any spend-to-save schemes and/or energy performance contracts, to prove that savings are genuine and as expected, and haven’t been skewed by weather conditions.
- Appropriate degree or equivalent knowledge and experience, ideally in a general sustainability, environmental, engineering, or building services discipline.
- Technical knowledge of building energy management systems, with a demonstrable ability to prepare feasibility studies.
- Degree / HND / ONC in engineering (High desirable / Not essential)
- Proven experience with Carbon Reduction Legislation as-well as Energy Saving Opportunity Schemes (ESOS), energy usage and potential energy savings.
- Awareness of ISO9001,50001 quality management standards
- Specialist knowledge and experience of energy management, energy markets, technologies in the decarbonisation sector and target setting.
- Core competencies: teamwork, planning, organising, executing, communication, commercial awareness, risk management, project management, adaptability, drive for excellence, self motivation and customer awareness.
- Experience of contract managing suppliers, e.g.
utilities, construction, or facilities management contractors, and/or of coordinating direct labour force for energy efficiency and/or deep retrofit projects.
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Air Conditioning Engineer
- Customer Service Advisor
- Sous Chef
- Building Services Engineer (Electrical Bias)
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Permit Manager
- Mobile Electrical Engineer
- Shift Maintenance Engineer x8 (New Building)
- Residential Admin
- Contract Support
- Business Support Manager
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical Shift Engineer - Static
- Technical Services Manager
- Day Shift Engineer
- Semi Static AC Engineer