Procurement Business Partner - Fixed Term Contract
Do you want experience of working with different teams?
Do you want to work on procurement from end to end?
Do you have a positive attitude?
If so, read on .
Do you want to use your expertise to provide procurement and commercial advice to colleagues across the organisation? If so, this is a great opportunity to join us to make a difference by supporting the team’s commercial growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Procurement team as we deliver our commercial strategy to improve the services we deliver for our customers.
Our vision is to be ‘a problem solving, easy to work with business partner that adds value and benefits through a considered risk approach to deliver the needs of the business.’
Our purpose is to be ‘a professional and trusted business partner that is engaged with the business to drive the right commercial outcomes through proportional processes. Ensuring value is driven throughout the commercial lifecycle.’
You will be a great communicator who is able to listen, interpret the needs of the business whilst being able to influence to achieve the right commercial outcome to support the delivery of our new business plan using your business partnering experience.
You will need to be fairly self-sufficient and importantly be able to work as part of the supportive Procurement team supporting and inspiring team members.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Other important information
Application closing date: 31st May 2023
Sifting date: 1st June 2023
1st Interviews: 9th June 2023 (Virtual)
2nd Interviews: 20th June 2023 (at the Mansfield Office)
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates please make us aware, and we will look at alternative dates)
Please note that this role will require a basic DBS check
About The Role
You will have end-to-end procurement experience across a variety of categories within operational and civil engineering activities, or within the digital category either the public or private sector to deliver of a wide variety of projects.
The role gives an excellent opportunity to deliver contracts that are strategic and help to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
You will enjoy working collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders to deliver projects. You will have a good knowledge of procurement legislation and different contract conditions.
Preferably CIPS qualified or progressing towards its achievement (we can support you on this).
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 12/05/2023
- Rate: £41,083 - £47,465
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Purchasing
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0067
- Posted: 2023-05-12 15:00:09 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Senior Hydrogeologist
- Assistant Planning & Development Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Head of Corporate Programme Office
- Data Innovation Manager
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Community Response Manager - Wales
- Assistant Health, Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor
- Regional Project Manager South Yorkshire and North West
- Project Manager - NEC Projects
- Principal Business Analyst
- Senior Business Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Community Response Manager - Wales
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Data Improvement Officer
- Senior Hydrogeologist Mine Heat
- Business Planning Manager
- Programme Lead (Coal)