This job has been posted for more than 30 working days and has expired.
Project Manager - NEC Projects
Are you a project professional with excellent communication and stakeholder management skills?
Do you enjoy working on exciting projects that are critical to the operation of the business?
Can you keep the project teams motivated to ensure a successful project outcome?
If so, read on......
You will have
- Experience in the Project Management of NEC3 or NEC4 procurement for large government contracts
- Experience of communicating effectively with project and non-project professionals at every level
- Experience of using different NEC3 or NEC4 forms of contract
- Experience of producing detailed project schedules and business cases requiring external approval
- A logical and organised approach to work
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
Working with the corporate projects team, the successful candidate will act as project manager progressing the delivery of two key projects and working closely with the Environment and Procurement departments.
The projects are focused on the procurement and implementation of a New Engineering Contract (NEC) 4 framework and contract. Success of these projects are critical to ensure the ongoing operation, maintenance and design and build/refurbishment of the Coal Authority’s Mine Water Treatment Schemes.
You’ll need great communication and interpersonal skills to influence those key stakeholders to deliver these projects at pace in order to meet the agreed timescales.
You will be required to present project updates to both Project and Programme boards as well as preparing board papers and gaining approvals within and external to the Coal Authority. Feeling comfortable working at all levels is vital for this role.
You will also work closely with the PMO to provide required highlight reporting and capacity forecasts on a monthly basis and ensure that appropriate governance is applied around your projects.
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 2nd May 2023
Sifting date: 3rd May 2023
Telephone Interviews: 5th and 9th May 2023
Interviews: w/c 15th May 2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A values based recognition scheme
- Flexible working arrangements to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 14/04/2023
- Rate: £41,083 - £43,150
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0123
- Posted: 2023-04-14 16:02:06 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Senior Hydrogeologist
- Assistant Planning & Development Manager
- Civil Engineer
- Head of Corporate Programme Office
- Data Innovation Manager
- Procurement Business Partner - Fixed Term Contract
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Community Response Manager - Wales
- Assistant Health, Safety & Wellbeing (HSW) Advisor
- Regional Project Manager South Yorkshire and North West
- Principal Business Analyst
- Senior Business Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Community Response Manager - Wales
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Data Improvement Officer
- Senior Hydrogeologist Mine Heat
- Business Planning Manager
- Programme Lead (Coal)