Legal Administrator - 12 Month FTC
Do you want be part of a busy, yet friendly team?
Are you a confident communicator with excellent organisational skills?
Have you worked in a legal environment before or have experience of working with confidential information?
If so, this is a great opportunity for you to join our Legal and Records Team as a Legal Administrator.
You will be able to deal confidently with external solicitors, internal stakeholders and members of the general public to deal with enquiries.
Ideally, you will have a basic understanding of work undertaken within the legal profession or have worked with confidential information.
You will be proactive with excellent diary management, organisation and administration skills.
Other key skills which would be an advantage include:
- attention to detail, as you will be asked to proof read and put legal documents into our corporate style
- ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- ability to work to tight deadlines
- working with confidential information
- excellent interpersonal skills
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Training for the legal searches set out in the Job Description; and
- Training on internal software applications
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
You will be providing administrative support for the department Head and team, arranging meetings, managing diaries, drafting correspondence and responding as necessary and proof reading documents.
This is a varied role, so you'll also providing effective customer care and support with external solicitors, local authorities and members of the general public in relation to legal matters.
We have a hybrid working style here, so you don't need to be in the office everyday - the work being done will determine how often you are in the office.
Application closing date: Sunday 26th March 2023
Sift w/c: Monday 27th March 2023
Interviews: w/c 3rd April
Ideally, interviews will be in person at our Mansfield office, but can be held virtually via Teams
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 10/03/2023
- Rate: £21,780 - £26,000
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0107
- Posted: 2023-03-10 12:14:03 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Business Planning Manager
- Programme Lead (Coal)
- Assistant Project Manager
- Community Response Officer
- Project Manager
- Construction HSW&E Advisor
- Finance Assistant
- Principal Development Manager
- Community Response Support Assistant
- Contract Service Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Assistant Engineer
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Project Manager – Part Time (to possible Full Time)
- Principal Contracts Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Planning & Development Manager
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner
- Assistant Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Administration Officer
- Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term