Contract Service Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
Do you want to be part of an expert team that protects people and the environment?
As a key member of our Contracts Team, you will manage operations across a national portfolio of mine water treatments sites.
Your expertise, knowledge and communication skills will ensure high performance is maintained and identify opportunities for improvement.
Working collaboratively with delivery partners you will ensure regulatory and performance standards are met.
You will promote sustainability and advise colleagues across the organisation on best practice.
Your expert knowledge of water treatment and contract management will be vital to the effective management of our operational assets.
We don't expect candidates to meet every desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to this role.
we'd love to learn more about you!
About The Role
We are looking for 2 people to join our expanding Contracts Team, you will be an important member of the Environment Strategy & Sustainability Department.
You will lead our service providers in all aspects of the operation and maintenance of an expanding portfolio of mine water treatment assets and data gathering sites.
As part of a small team of service managers, you will be responsible for the prioritisation of work, delivery and financial governance of a programmes works with an annual value of £14m to £17m.
You will be a good communicator who is able to develop a partnered approach with delivery partners as well as supporting commercial activities with customers.
You will preferably be from a water treatment background and be qualified to Degree level in a relevant discipline. Experience of NEC contracts would also be beneficial.
Additional training will be provided where required.
Some travel and the occasional overnight stay is required with this role and is covered by a formal expenses system.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a team of technical experts who protect and enhance the lives of the communities we serve.
Please note that this role will require a basic DBS check
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date: 5th March 2023
Sift w/c: 6th March 2023
Interviews: w/c 20th March 2023
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we do not just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people with the required skills and experience, from different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
We offer a guaranteed interview for candidates with disabilities who meet the basic selection criteria
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 17/02/2023
- Rate: £41,083 - £43,150
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0074
- Posted: 2023-02-17 16:38:11 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Business Planning Manager
- Programme Lead (Coal)
- Assistant Project Manager
- Legal Administrator - 12 Month FTC
- Community Response Officer
- Project Manager
- Construction HSW&E Advisor
- Finance Assistant
- Principal Development Manager
- Community Response Support Assistant
- Assistant Engineer
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Project Manager – Part Time (to possible Full Time)
- Principal Contracts Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Planning & Development Manager
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner
- Assistant Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Administration Officer
- Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term