Civil Enforcement Officer Supervisor - Maidstone
Civil Enforcement Officer – Supervisor - £24,914
Do you have strong written and verbal communication skills? Do you have the ability to work as part of a team or on your own? Are you good a communicating with people and are customer focused? Do you have an assertive but polite approach? Do you have the ability to manage demanding situations in a calm and professional way?
An effective Civil Enforcement Officer – Supervisor (SUPV) requires a comprehensive level of people skills, articulation, and technical ability. APCOA would intend to recruit and build upon our high-quality enforcement team to meet the complex requirements of the role.
APCOA would intend to ensure that prior to deployment CEOs will be equipped, trained, and accredited in accordance with the requirements of the role and to reflect DfT/ TMA2004 guidelines.
What you'll be doing:
•You will ensure front line officers are presented and equipped prior to deployment as per contract standards.
•You will ensure that front line officers perform their role in accordance with training and contract specification.
•You will direct resource in response to client or company direction.
•You will inspect equipment condition and function prior to issue.
•You will control the issue and return of all equipment, keys and other items.
•You will support officers in parking related enquiries.
•You will assist the training and development of front line officers to ensure quality standards.
•You will ensure full compliance with company H&S policy and H&S risk assessments and safe working instructions.
•You will issue of Penalty Charge Notices and maintaining evidential records to the required standard.
•You will ensure basic maintenance of pay and display machines.
•The role includes a large amount of lone working and although direct supervision is minimal external monitoring is undertaken.
•You will patrol areas, undertake observations, investigations, and surveys to identify compliance with relevant legislation and give advice where necessary on any matter within the remit of the post.
•You will be patrolling to make sure that regulations are being followed.
•You will report defective Street Furniture, Highway Markings signs and road markings, identifying and reporting abandoned vehicles.
•You will explain regulations to businesses, visitors, and residents.
•You will direct visitors to the borough to local attractions and facilities.
•You will be checking tickets and attending minor machine faults such as jammed coins or tickets.
•You will be collaborating with other professionals like police community support officers or the police to Report incidents like crimes or anti-social behaviour.
You will use equipment such as:
•Hand-held computers and printers for recording and issuing Fixed Penalty Charge Notices.
•Two-way radios, or mobile phones, to keep in contact with the leadership team.
•Cameras to record vehicles that are breaking regulations.
•Body Worn CCTV cameras.
•A cycle and/or 4 wheeled motor vehicles to move through your allocated geographic area.
•A PC using MS Office applications.
•You will have strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to influence your team.
•Ideally you will have school-based education including Maths and English.
• You will have experience of enforcement and communicating with people and customer service skills are very highly valued and will be of strong benefit within the role.
•You will have a polite manner and the ability to cope with stressful and demanding work in a professional way.
•You will need to have resilience, as you could be encountering challenging and complex situations as part of your duties.
•You will need to work in all types of weather.
•You should feel comfortable working with technology like hand-held computers, printers, and cameras.
• You will ideally have a full driving licence and / or experience cycling on the highway would be advantageous.
• You will ideally have a thorough understanding of enforcement and applying legislation / law.
Working hours and conditions:
You would usually work shifts between 0700-1900.
This would be on a rota, and you should expect this to include regular Saturdays.
You may be required to work Sundays, bank holidays or shift times later than 1900 or earlier than 0700 to meet deployment and operational need.
You would spend most of the day deployed and patrolling with a significant amount of time on foot and be out in all weathers.
You would be expected to wear uniform and waterproof clothing (provided.)
You may use a car, cycle or moped to travel between different areas, depending on your job role.
So, what are you waiting for? APPLY NOW and speak to one of our recruitment colleagues to discuss how your skills or experience may suit the role.
Applicants will be subject to a disclosure and barring service (DBS) check and a minimum 5-year Work and/or education history verification.
APCOA is a fair place to work regardless of age, race, gender, sexuality or level in the business.
With exciting projects and an atmosphere of fostering and strengthening, staff are championed in attaining their full potential.
- Start: 09/02/2023
- Rate: £24,914 per annum
- Location: Maidstone,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Customer_services
- Recruiter: Apcoa Parking UK
- Contact: APCOA Admin
- Tel: 018 95 27 25 00
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 1647
- Posted: 2023-02-09 13:21:03 -
- View all Jobs from Apcoa Parking UK
More Jobs from Apcoa Parking UK
- Radio Control Room Operator - Lambeth
- PCV Driver - Luton Airport - Full time nights
- Bus Driver - Luton Airport P/T Nights
- Mobile Enforcement Officer
- Civil Enforcement Officer - Bromley Weekend Shifts
- Service Delivery Manager - Heathrow Airport
- Civil Enforcement Officer - Bexley
- Civil Enforcement Officer - Bromley
- Bus Driver - Luton Airport £1000 introductory bonus and attendance allowance
- Environmental Enforcement Officer - Hillingdon
- Senior Administrator
- Mobile Parking Officer
- PSV Driver - Leeds Bradford International Airport -Nights
- PSV Driver - Leeds Bradford International Airport - Week Ends
- Reception Lead / Driver - 1st April to 31st Oct
- Civil Enforcement Officer - Redbridge
- Meet and Greet Driver - Early Start 4 am to 12pm - Zero Hours
- School Crossing Patrol - BR6/BR3/BR2 areas
- Meet and Greet Driver - London City Airport
- Civil Enforcement Officer - Walsall