Assistant Property and Estates Manager
Are you seeking development support to achieve membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)? Rural, Commercial, and Land and Resources pathway opportunities available to the right candidate.
Do you want to be part of a friendly and motivated team providing strategic property advice to help prevent and reverse environmental impacts from historic mining operations?
Do you want to work for an inclusive and diverse organisation that is dedicated to keeping people safe, creating positive societal impact and ensuring sustainability?
If so read on.....
The Coal Authority’s Property Team is looking to recruit a motivated and driven individual to expand its current property consultancy services.
You’ll be creative and apply a lateral thinking approach to find solutions to property and mining legacy related issues.
You’ll be working with a range of internal and external stakeholders so your communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation will be invaluable.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
Closing date: 19th February 2023
Sifting date: w/c 20th February 2023
Interviews: w/c 27th February 2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware, and we will look at alternative dates)
About The Role
The team make a huge difference in providing expert property advice on land across the former coal fields of Great Britain.
This is a really exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and established team to help make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
The role will provide training and will offer work experience by undertaking a wide variety of property casework which may include:
- Management of the Coal Authority's Estate including valuations, rent reviews, restrictive covenant variations, and clawback matters.
- Acquisitions and disposals to support core objectives for Environmental and Public Safety and Subsidence purposes.
- Negotiations relating to the acquisition of land to support operational programmes and the disposal of non-operational land securing best terms available.
Please note that this role will require a basic DBS check
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our colleagues, our customers and our communities.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people from different backgrounds, identities, cultures and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
As part of our commitment to increasing the diversity of our workforce, we provide a guaranteed interview to applicants who meet the minimum selection criteria who are disabled or from a minority ethnic community.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 03/02/2023
- Rate: £27,314 - £28,779
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0090
- Posted: 2023-02-03 17:38:01 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Business Planning Manager
- Programme Lead (Coal)
- Assistant Project Manager
- Legal Administrator - 12 Month FTC
- Community Response Officer
- Project Manager
- Construction HSW&E Advisor
- Finance Assistant
- Principal Development Manager
- Community Response Support Assistant
- Contract Service Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Assistant Engineer
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Project Manager – Part Time (to possible Full Time)
- Principal Contracts Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Planning & Development Manager
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner
- Assistant Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Administration Officer
- Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term