Programme Support Officer
Do you want to be part of a growing programme to prevent and reverse environmental impacts from historic mining operations?
Can you help us deliver exciting new renewable energy projects from mine water heat as well as projects helping us move towards our net zero target?
Do you want the opportunity to progress in a friendly motivated team delivering exciting projects that protect the water environment across the UK?
If so read on .
You’ll have experience of working in either a project support or administrative role, using the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Finance and programme skills would definitely be an advantage to you.
If you can manage and prioritise a high-volume workload & multiple projects you will find this role interesting.
You will be working with a range of internal and external people so your communication, interpersonal skills and self-motivation will be invaluable.
If you have an open mind to find innovative solutions to issues that you come across we always want to see how we can improve our processes.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
Application closing date:13th February 2023
Sifting date: w/c 13th February 2023
Interviews: w/c 20th February 2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates, please make us aware, and we will look at alternative dates)
Successful candidates must pass basic security checks and will be subject to UK Immigration requirements.
About The Role
At the Coal Authority the Environment function is responsible for addressing the issues of water pollution from abandoned coal and metal mines across Britain by developing new schemes and supporting the operation of over 75 existing mine water treatment schemes.
This is an exciting and challenging role within our Projects and Delivery department. We're looking for a Programme Support Officer to help deliver new build mine water treatment schemes and refurbish our existing assets.
It's a vibrant and fast moving team with individuals from various backgrounds in civil engineering, water treatment, contaminated land, highways and construction. Between us we can be working on over 30 projects at any one time.
- Joining the Projects team and helping to manage a portfolio of varied projects to remediate contaminated water from historic mines.
- Supporting the Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers through all stages of project delivery
- Assisting with the reporting at project & programme level, including collating information to report to external partners
- Engaging with stakeholders and our external partners.
- Undertaking first approvals on invoices and collating info required for further Project Manager Approval
- Keeping and maintaining effective and efficient systems to record project administration.
About The Coal Authority.
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we do not just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people with the required skills and experience, from different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
We offer a guaranteed interview for candidates with disabilities who meet the basic selection criteria.
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 27/01/2023
- Rate: £21,780 - £22,014
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0079
- Posted: 2023-01-27 15:57:10 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Business Planning Manager
- Programme Lead (Coal)
- Assistant Project Manager
- Legal Administrator - 12 Month FTC
- Community Response Officer
- Project Manager
- Construction HSW&E Advisor
- Finance Assistant
- Principal Development Manager
- Community Response Support Assistant
- Contract Service Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Assistant Engineer
- Sustainable Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term Contract
- Project Manager – Part Time (to possible Full Time)
- Principal Contracts Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Planning & Development Manager
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner
- Assistant Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Administration Officer