Principal Permitting Manager
Do you want to inspire, strategically lead and develop the Permissions Team here at the Coal Authority?
Using your extensive technical expertise, you’ll be advising and leading a team on:
- the execution and delivery of ca.
2,000 permits per annum across the former coal fields and,
- ensuring our processes and systems are up to date and follow latest government best practice and guidance.
Development activity is currently at record highs, so this is a really exciting opportunity to take an established team forward and help make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We don’t expect candidates to meet every single desired qualification.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
Other important information
Application closing date: 30th January 2023
Sifting date: w/c 30th January 2023
Interviews: 7th and 8th February 2023
(If you are unavailable on these interview dates please make us aware, and we will look at alternative dates)
Please note that this role will require a basic DBS check
About The Role
You will effectively lead and manage the Permitting functions in partnership with the Principal Licensing Manager, Principal Mine Heat Licensing Manager and Principal Property Manager.
Leading the development and delivery of internal and external development advice.
Continue to develop and manage relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders across the development industry.
Work alongside the Head of Development to identify key areas of focus and to set direction.
For more information about the role please refer to the attached job description.
About The Coal Authority
- A market leading pension scheme - our employer contribution rate is around 27%!
- A choice of working patterns; full-time, part-time, job-share!
- Adoption or shared parental leave of 26 weeks full pay (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Diversity Network Groups
- Mental Health Allies
- Civil Service Sports and Social club
- Employee discounts
- Annual medicals
- £15 per month towards wellbeing
- A recognition scheme, where you receive extra money or vouchers
- Flexi-time to give employees freedom to vary their hours around personal preferences and commitments.
- Generous holiday allowance – 27.5 days annual leave, plus the ability to flex an extra 6 days in addition to 8 public holidays
- On-site free parking, tea, coffee and soft drinks in the Mansfield office
- Sponsorship and professional qualifications support
- Professional subscriptions paid
We offer different ways to work flexibly, and the following types of flexibility are usually possible: job share, flexible hours, working from home for part of the week and compressed hours.
Please feel free to talk about what flexibility means to you at your interview.
With a genuine commitment to flexible working, we believe that work life balance is incredibly important.
Who we are:
Here at the Coal Authority, we really are a great team to work with.
We’re united in our passion and commitment to make a better future for people and the environment in mining areas.
We carry out a wide variety of essential services from responding to coal mining hazards, to keeping everyone and everything safe from mine water pollution.
We are excited about what our future holds.
Our work is helping to develop a new sustainable source of renewable energy for the UK.
By harnessing the energy from mine water heat, we hope to play a key role towards helping the UK to meet net-zero emissions by 2050.
We truly are a supportive organisation where we all live and breathe our values.
We are inclusive, trusted and progressive in everything that we do
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Here at TCA we do not just accept difference – we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our customers and our community.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are committed to developing a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community.
We encourage applications from people with the required skills and experience, from different backgrounds, cultures, ethnicities and beliefs.
Diversity is vital to our success and innovation and is fundamental to our values of being trusted, inclusive and progressive.
We offer a guaranteed interview for candidates with disabilities who meet the basic selection criteria
If you require any reasonable adjustments or alternative format application forms you can get in touch with us by contacting the team by email at email@example.com or by phone on 01623 637000.
- Start: 19/01/2023
- Rate: £46,125 - £50,526
- Location: Mansfield,England
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: The Coal Authority
- Contact: Admin The Coal Authority
- Tel: 01623 637149
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: 0062
- Posted: 2023-01-19 15:57:02 -
- View all Jobs from The Coal Authority
More Jobs from The Coal Authority
- Project Manager – Part Time (to possible Full Time)
- Principal Contracts Manager - Fixed Term Contract 2 years
- Planning & Development Manager
- Assistant Property and Estates Manager
- Assistant Procurement Business Partner
- Assistant Mining Consultant and Information Manager
- Administration Officer
- Procurement Business Partner - 16 Month Fixed Term
- Programme Support Officer
- Procurement Business Partner
- Senior Procurement Business Partner
- Quantity Surveyor
- Compliance Manager