Social Worker Hospital Team
Sirona Medical's Social Work Department are seeking for a Social Worker for the Hospital team. £38 per hour or £35 per hour plus £150 per week expenses
• Accountable for delivering a statutory social work service
• Have compassion and empathy to support individuals who need our services
• Work in partnership with colleagues to deliver a high standard of social work practice
• Work hard to support people to regain their skills and independence following their hospital admission wherever possible.
• Have access to a strong and dynamic social work service with clear leadership Please note that this role includes flexible working arrangements and the ability to work in remote environments.
Experience and Skills Key Skills:
Experience of working proactively as a member of the team to make an accurate strengths-based assessment of needs and negotiate and implement effective plans and outcomes (in line with relevant legislation), working in partnership with carers, colleagues and a variety of external agencies to meet people’s outcomes.
Experience of applying a risk enablement approach and using evidence-based practice.
Experience of analysis and interpretation of people related information and data to prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
Experience of contributing to or undertaking safeguarding enquiries.
Ability to provide informal supervision and develop the capabilities of less experienced social care practitioners, and to mentor and coach students and apprentices.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide clear advice and guidance and interventions.
Ability to recognise the limits of own accountability and responsibility, know when to seek appropriate support, advice and supervision, and to prioritise and organise work and meet agreed performance expectations.
Sound and accurate IT skills to ensure effective record keeping, compliant with data protection and respecting confidentiality.
Working arrangements : Mixture of home and hospital - will be required to attend the hospital to support with duty and visit the wards to undertake assessments and attend family meetings etc We also work as part of the multi-disciplinary team covering A&E and the emergency floor.
Most people attend the hospital about twice a week but this is flexible and depends on the rota.
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be Social Work England Registered
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Be a car driver and have access to a vehicle
- Start: 21/11/2022
- Duration: 3 months on-going
- Rate: £35 - £38 per annum
- Location: West Sussex,England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Sirona Medical Limited
- Contact: Hayley Burrell
- Tel: 020 8050 2999
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SC-M12361
- Posted: 2022-11-21 14:25:05 -
- View all Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
More Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
- Health Care Assistant, Care worker, Support workers
- 10 x Zoo Rangers required in Epping, Essex
- Band 5 Nurse
- Social Worker Parenting Assessment
- Care workers required
- Band 5 RGN
- Theatre staff needed for permanent Vacancy
- Band 5 RGN
- Band 5 RGN
- Band 5 RGN
- Endoscopy Nurse
- ODPs and Scrub Nurses needed in Liverpool
- Theatre staff needed in Reading
- Theatre staff needed in Surrey
- Surgical ward nurses needed in Scotland
- Theatre staff needed in East Sussex
- Social Worker Hospital Discharge
- Social Worker Children Looked After
- Senior Social Worker Lifestory Writer
- Social Worker Children We Care For Team