Team Manager - Missing and Child Exploitation Team
Sirona Medical's Social Work Department are recruting for a Team Manager - Serious Youth Violence, Missing and Child Exploitation Team.
Serious Youth Violence, Missing and Child Exploitation Team has been created in the South East of England to deliver a coproduced, collocated, partnership team bringing together; Police, Health, Children's Social Care, Learning and Youth Justice Services (interfacing with District and Boroughs); to support and protect children, young people and families who are subject to, or at risk of being exploited.
Jointly managed by CYP&L and Sussex Police.
Line managers for the team will meet regularly to assess developments, plan strategies and ensure there is a cohesive and joined up approach to the work given the professional responsibilities of each agency.
The team will focus on prevention, protection, prosecution and disruption in line with the requirements of the National Child Exploitation Action Plan where the aim is to create a centre of knowledge and skill that offers a first response to concerns relating to child exploitation (CE).
Provide support to children, families and other professionals to meet family need and reduce chronic/acute exploitation and exploitation risks to children.
The disruption of CE activity to be targeted & intelligence lead to prosecute perpetrators.
To be closely aligned with voluntary organisations, providing both individual and group work to victims and those at risk of child exploitation.
You will lead a team of professionals, with indirect responsibility for others within assigned groups.
Your team will consist of specialists and support staff, ensuring delivery of efficient and effective services to children and families.
You will be responsible for performance management and quality assurance within the team, ensuring that the team contributes to Children, Young People and Learning Directorate’s priorities and maintains good outcomes for children.
You will provide professional leadership in situations of complexity, risk, uncertainty and challenge, demonstrating effective practices and high-quality judgement, in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework.
You will develop and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues across WSCC, partner agencies and the voluntary and profit-making sectors in order to improve outcomes for individual children and young people.
You will contribute to the development and shape of future team or group service provision and inform the work of the organisation and that of other service providers, supporting and managing change as needed within their area of responsibility.
You will contribute to and support the development of practice, policies and procedures within the operational team.
Working Arrangements : Hybrid Working but expectation to be in the office more than at home (the team is new and requires oversight from the MASH).
To apply for this role you must have:
- A relevant Social Work qualification (BA/MA Social Work/DipSW or equivalent)
- Be Social Work England Registered
- Experience of managing/leading staff
- Expert relevant experience in specialist area, including sound relevant operational experience in social work, ideally working as a senior practitioner or small team leader/supervisor.
- Be eligible to work within the UK
- Be a car driver and have access to a vehicle
- Start: 07/09/2022
- Duration: 3 months on-going
- Rate: £45 - £48.50 per hour
- Location: West Sussex,England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Sirona Medical Limited
- Contact: Hayley Burrell
- Tel: 020 8050 2999
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SC-M11664
- Posted: 2022-09-07 16:12:52 -
- View all Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
More Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
- MASH Social Worker
- Deputy Team Manager - Access and Older Person Review Team
- Senior Social Worker FAST Team
- Social Worker - Children Looked After
- Social Worker Family Safeguarding Service
- Social Worker Hospital Discharge Team
- Orthopedic Nurses needed in Southampton
- PAEDIATRIC INSOURCING CONTRACT
- Decontamination Technician required in West Midlands.
- Childrens Support Worker
- Childrens Support Worker
- Social Worker Child Protection or Children looked After
- Senior Practitioner - Family Support and Protection
- Childrens Support Workers needed in Royston!
- ODP Required
- Staff Nurse Pre-Operative Assessment
- Social Worker Adult Safeguarding
- Advanced Social Worker
- ODP REQUIRED
- Practice Assessor