Sirona Medical's Social Work Department are recruiting for an Occupational Therapist for the Independent Living Services
About the job You will work as part of a strong and dynamic Occupational therapy service.
In this role you will be required to undertake strengths-based assessments (as directed by Care Act 2014) utilising Occupational Therapy skills and knowledge to develop and implement a plan of support, aimed at improving wellbeing and delivering outcomes for people.
The OT will be required to assess and provide equipment and minor works and have good manual handling knowledge and ability ensuring the reablement programme is monitored and reviewed and the person’s outcomes are met.
The plan may include advice, information, the provision of assistive equipment and recommendations for home adaptation.
You’ll be expected to use up to date evidence-based practice to inform your intervention and where appropriate carry out risk assessments and undertake assessments under the Mental capacity Act and/or Deprivation of Liberty safeguards.
Maintaining continual professional development (CPD) and sharing best practice with colleagues to deliver positive outcomes for residents.
Linking people back into their communities, removing barriers to engagement and providing interventions that support resilience and maintain wellbeing is also essential to this role.
Ability to apply a risk enablement approach and use evidence-based practice.
Ability to complete a strengths-based assessment (as directed by the Care Act 2014).
Ability to develop a person-centred care and support plan with clearly defined outcomes.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in order to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders to provide clear advice and guidance and clinical interventions.
Ability to prioritise and organise work and meet agreed performance expectations.
Sound and accurate IT skills to ensure effective record keeping, respecting confidentiality.
Qualifications and/or experience:
• Diploma / BSc Occupational Therapy or equivalent Occupational Therapy qualification.
• Registration with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
• Experience of undertaking clinical functional assessments and of Occupational Therapy intervention planning, implementation and review.
• Experience of working as an Occupational Therapist with people with physical disabilities in the community providing appropriate interventions to enable independence at home.
• Experience of inter-agency and multi-disciplinary work to support collaborative working relationships.
- Start: 02/09/2022
- Duration: 3 months
- Rate: £32.00 - £35.00 per annum
- Location: West Sussex,England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Public_Sector
- Recruiter: Sirona Medical Limited
- Contact: Hayley Burrell
- Tel: 020 8050 2999
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SC-M11611
- Posted: 2022-09-02 15:57:26 -
- View all Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
More Jobs from Sirona Medical Limited
- MASH Social Worker
- Deputy Team Manager - Access and Older Person Review Team
- Senior Social Worker FAST Team
- Social Worker - Children Looked After
- Social Worker Family Safeguarding Service
- Social Worker Hospital Discharge Team
- Orthopedic Nurses needed in Southampton
- PAEDIATRIC INSOURCING CONTRACT
- Decontamination Technician required in West Midlands.
- Childrens Support Worker
- Childrens Support Worker
- Social Worker Child Protection or Children looked After
- Senior Practitioner - Family Support and Protection
- Childrens Support Workers needed in Royston!
- ODP Required
- Staff Nurse Pre-Operative Assessment
- Social Worker Adult Safeguarding
- Advanced Social Worker
- ODP REQUIRED
- Practice Assessor