Graduate Building Surveyor
Graduate Building Surveyor - Glasgow - 25K-30K DOE plus great benefits 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays
The Graduate Building Surveyor will report to the Lifecycle Manager, the job holder will be responsible for working within the FM team establishing, managing and; coordinating the lifecycle & and
variation works, liaising with on-site FM managers and clients to coordinate the base works plans with the actual requirements.
- Successful integration into the Lifecycle and wider FM business unit
- Working within existing Lifecycle team to deliver a successful Programme of Works
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Undertaking building condition surveys.
- Preparing reports/Schedules of Dilapidations and Schedules of Condition
- Undertaking building defect diagnosis inspections.
- As part of a wider team, regular review of every contract in the FM portfolio to assess future expenditure and maintenance cost, having the ability to undertake building condition surveys
- of existing building fabric, mechanical and electrical services installations, working with subcontractors and third parties to build up year by year future assessments of replacements and maintenance.
- Preparing, managing and delivering the supply chain tender process including any necessary documents and schedules of work.
- Quality assurance checks of ongoing or completed works.
- Provide technical assistance to manage the lifecycle and variation works on client properties.
- Preparation of budget costings for proposed projects.
- Project cost management and administration
- Ability to prepare, submit and obtain approval of any Planning and other Local Authority Consent Applications.
- Liaising with and reporting to Clients.
- Monitor / Report accurately for the client and stakeholders the drawdowns against the lifecycle fund and to ensure that all contractual obligations are met.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Have excellent written communication skills, be IT literate on all Microsoft Office programmes
- Recognised building / technical qualifications - degree level or equivalent
- Motivated self-starter and ability to manage own workload and be an effective team player
- Must be able and willing to travel, mainly central belt Professional attitude and approach to work
- Candidates should have a technical knowledge of traditional and modern construction methods.
- Be competent in producing CAD drawings.
- Recognised building / technical qualifications - degree level or equivalent, working toward APC.
- Experience of work with senior teams within the consultant, construction or FM sector
- Experience of developing strong customer relationships with key clients
- Experience in establishing and controlling project budgets and costs, throughout the term of a
- Contractual knowledge and understanding in project delivery, ensuring compliance with
- contract obligations.
- Highly organized and able to work under pressure
- Start: 10/06/2022
- Rate: £25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday and private health care
- Location: Glasgow,Scotland
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Construction
- Recruiter: CBW Staffing Solutions
- Contact: Louise McLaren
- Tel: 07528568186
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: Graduate Building Surveyor V-33384
- Posted: 2022-06-10 13:32:06 -
- View all Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Cover Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Helpdesk Administrator
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Static Air Conditioning Engineer
- Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Engineer
- Immediate Chef
- Pensions Team Leader
- Electrical Foot Mobile Engineer
- Mobile Electrical Engineer
- Immediate Temporary Contract Support