Financial Controller (12 Month Maternity Cover)
Financial Controller (12 Month Maternity Cover) | Financial Services | Gibraltar | Excellent Market Salary plus benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Financial Controller, a maternity cover role, for an established International Financial Services company based in the thriving jurisdiction of Gibraltar.
As a key member of the Finance Management team, you will be providing strategic and operational support to the Gibraltar based companies, leading, managing, and supervising the Finance teams' activities in Gibraltar.
If you are an experienced Financial Controller (Maternity Cover 12 months) and looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of financial performance for the Gibraltar based companies.
- Oversee the management and co-ordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Gibraltar based companies.
- Be a visible and engaged member for the Leadership team who provides strong leadership, direction, support and challenge to the Finance team.
- Establish a clear understanding of the business model and operations of the Gibraltar-based companies such that issues can be anticipated and reporting optimised in a strong, collaborative manner.
- Participate in the development of new business, specifically assisting the Managing Director in drafting budgets.
- Provide the Managing Director with operating budgets.
- Ensure service delivery success through cost and benefit analysis support, compliance, legislative regulations, and ethical Corporate Governance.
- Manage the Gibraltar-based companies' cashflow and treasury function.
- Ensure that internal accounting systems, processes, and controls conform to accepted accounting principles; are robust; support the needs of the business; and pass independent and government audits.
- Exhibit business process knowledge; possess a broad-based operational perspective; and provide solutions for business risk issues.
- Understand the regulatory capital requirement and oversee responsibility for their calculations, considering the impact of any potential changes to legislation and/or the business.
- Liaise with the Managing Director, other Directors and managers as agreed on the implementation of the MD's and the Group's strategic and operational financial plans, key performance indicators (KPIs) and budgets.
- To report and explain to the Managing Director and Board of Directors variances between forecasted and actual budgets, variances from agreed KPIs, and other exceptions.
- To assist the various businesses and Managing Director with key performance indicators, and reviewing such information for reasonableness and challenging where necessary.
- To assist the Managing Director with the preparation of presentation and other communication to stakeholders.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested by the Managing Director and the Boards.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ACA)
- IFRS and UK GAAP reporting working knowledge
- Excellent project management skills
- Demonstrable Financial Controller experience within Financial Services industry
- Previous experience in senior finance roles within a multi-jurisdictional business
- Pensions and / or Life company experience preferred
- Solvency II directive experience preferred
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility for delivery of reports
If you are an experienced Financial Controller, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the ‘apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Key Words: Financial Controller| Gibraltar |Financial Services |IFRS |Solvency II |ACCA |ACA
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Senior Fraud Analyst / MLRO
- Fullstack Golang Engineer
- Payment Fraud & Risk Team Leader
- Onboarding Associate
- Backend Developer
- Financial Accountant (Qualified ACCA, ACA or similar)
- Office Administrator / Finance Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
- Solutions Architect
- Java Developer
- Casino Manager
- Senior Microsoft 365 Digital Workplace Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Fullstack Developer
- Software Developer in Test
- QA Analyst
- Product Manager
- PHP Fullstack Developer
- Digital Workplace Team Lead
- Delivery Manager