Head of Operations
Head of Operations | Insurance (Life Assurance) | Gibraltar | £Excellent Market Salary plus benefits
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an experienced Head of Operations for an established International Financial Services company based in the sun shine filled jurisdiction of Gibraltar.
The successful candidate will hold a CII qualification, have some knowledge of Solvency II, and will be leading, managing, and supervising the Operations team's activities on a daily basis in Gibraltar.
The Head of Operations will be able to demonstrate a proven track record of successful technical and operations expertise in the insurance sector, ideally having some knowledge of Life Assurance.
If you have experience of a Head of Operations role and are looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
Whats on Offer:
- Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
- Working with a reputable senior management team
- High profile role within the group, can lead to genuine career opportunities
What You Will Be Doing
- Design and implementation of operational policies that align with the overall strategy.
- Analyse distressed assets position and present solutions and communication strategies.
- Implementation and documentation of efficient processes, procedures and standards, with well governed audit trials.
- To ensure the operations function meet agreed objectives and service levels.
- To ensure the underlying investments of policyholders meet Statement of Investment Principles.
- Oversee each Gibraltar entities Risk Register management and tracking of actions.
- Production of key management information and liaising with the Board as required, providing reports, presentations etc.
- Liaising with local regulatory bodies as required to provide relevant technical notices and/or summaries to the management or admin teams.
- Ensuring compliance with company procedures, statutory legislation and regulations.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in relation to changes to procedures/legislation etc and leading the implementation of change in the operational areas.
- Resource planning and recruitment as necessary.
- Implement compliance or audit recommendations.
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- CII and CFA qualified/part-qualified
- Understanding of Solvency II is ideal
- Driven and determined
- Able to effectively influence and manage change
- Proactive, “can-do” approach
- Good understanding of the regulatory regime
- Educated to degree level
- Proven experience as Head of Operations, or similar leadership role
- Familiarity with all business functions including HR, Finance, Customer and IT
- Experience with implementing IT systems
- Good working knowledge of project management methodology
- Financially adept
- Analytical, organisational and influencing skills
- Effective people management skills
If you are an experienced Head of Operations, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the ‘apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Head of Operations | Gibraltar | Insurance | Life Assurance |CII |Solvency II
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Life & Pensions Accountant
- Senior Fraud Analyst / MLRO
- Fullstack Golang Engineer
- Payment Fraud & Risk Team Leader
- Onboarding Associate
- Backend Developer
- Financial Accountant (Qualified ACCA, ACA or similar)
- Office Administrator / Finance Assistant
- Accounts Administrator
- Solutions Architect
- Java Developer
- Casino Manager
- Senior Microsoft 365 Digital Workplace Engineer
- Software Engineer
- Fullstack Developer
- Software Developer in Test
- QA Analyst
- Product Manager
- PHP Fullstack Developer
- Digital Workplace Team Lead