Facilities Technician – Blantyre - £25,050 Salary - 42.5 Hours
CBW have a new opportunity for a facilities Technician to join a leading Facilities company based in Balntyre. Ideally you will have some building fabric experience, plumbing, basic electrics, and maintenance experience.
Aim of the role is to undertake work or direct work allocated by the PPM Programme, Operations Supervisor/Facilities Manager within set timescales and to a high quality.
Also, to ensure facility is compliant and fully operational.
- Open and close schools in accordance within required term times.
- Comply with Company procedures
- Open and close school in accordance with required school occupancy times.
- Carry out internal and external checks of building and report faults to Help Desk such as damaged tiles, leaks etc.
- Ensure subcontractors carry out tasks as per accepted RAMS
- Ensure sub-contractors remove all generated waste from site and leave work area clean and tidy and Waste Transfer Notes are completed and filed where required
- To be trained as an Authorised Person and to issue Permits to Work where required
- Ensure all visitors sign in and out of site and to include control of keys and site Induction has been carried out for all contractors and visitors
- Ensure Risk Assessments/Method Statements are reviewed for work being carried out
- Ensure work is carried out to a satisfactory standard before signing Field Report/Completing off job.
- Update daily alarm activation report (If Any) and send to Helpdesk along with Security reports.
- Carry out Self Reporting Tasks and update log sheet
- Adopt a proactive approach to refresh decoration needs.
- Carry out external low-level power washing of building and main entrances (as and when required)
- Monitoring and updating of the statutory folders
- Ensure Plant Room / Switch Room clean and tidy
- Operation of CCTV as required and in accordance with the CCTV Guidance Policy Document
- Undertake Grounds Maintenance Audits monthly
- If acting in Mobile Role participate in the on-call rota to include issuing of Permits to Work if required
- Assist Facilities Manager / Operations Supervisors with any other required duties
Health & Safety
All staff are required to fulfil their legal duty to take reasonable care for the health and safety of
themselves and others who may be affected by their acts and omissions, and to follow all guidance and instructions given in this respect.
Further details regarding Health & Safety responsibilities are set out in the Health & Safety Policy.
- Capable of working with minimum supervision
- Ability and willingness to travel and work within the office or based on sites as required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to understand and react to financial penalties
- IT literate
More Jobs from CBW Staffing Solutions
- Head Chef
- Night Shift Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance engineer
- Fabric Engineer
- Mechanical Shift Engineer
- Electrical Maintenance Engineer
- Mobile Maintenance Engineer
- Mobile Multi-Skilled Service Engineer
- Field Technician
- Lead Engineer
- Contract Support / Finance Assistant
- Compilance Administrator
- Lead Engineer / Supervisor
- Electrical Maintenance engineer
- Immediate Chef
- Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
- Contract Manager
- Community Facilities Technician
- Commerical Support Manager