CAMHS Ward Manager
A fantastic new job opportunity has arisen for a dedicated CAMHS Ward Manager to work in an exceptional hospital setting based in Southampton.
You will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
This hospital is one of the country's leading centres for the treatment of a wide range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, and stress.
They are also able to provide expert outpatient treatment for eating disorders at the hospital
*To be considered for this position you must be currently registered with the Nursing Midwifery Council as a first level RMN or RNLD Nurse
As the Ward Manager your key duties include:
- Manages the Ward and resources effectively, taking steps to ensure that appropriate staffing levels and skill mix of nursing experience and skills are in place including effective rota management, annual leave and training arrangements
- Ensures that all members of the nursing team receive clinical supervision, appraisal, CPD requirements and complete mandatory training
- Addresses shortfalls in development and ensures that training and performance issues are addressed with a supportive and solution focused attitude
- Recognises and rewards positive performance by the nursing staff
- Acts as a highly visible role model, mentor and leader, creating a culture that promotes learning, development, inquiry and professionalism
- Disseminates, implements and monitors compliance with relevant policies and statutory requirements of the hospital, division and group
- Ensures the Ward has clear procedures and processes to support the safe and effective running of the ward at all times, including the nutrition of patients, cleanliness of the environment; using tools such as Quality walk rounds to assist
- Actively leads on the recruitment and retention of staff on the ward and hospital
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- At least 2 years experience in a managerial role
- Willingness to complete further clinical, managerial and leadership training and development relevant of your area of practice
- Computer literate
- Experience of working in an environment that requires the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Has been a supervisor of nursing or care staff
The successful CAMHS Ward Manager will receive an excellent salary up to £51,393 per annum DOE.
This exciting position is a Full Time role working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
*£5,000 Welcome Bonus
- Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities
- Pension scheme with a company contribution
- Our shopping discount site where you'll find great offers for online and in-store shopping, negotiated specially for everyone who works for the company
- Enhanced Maternity Pay in line with NHS
Reference ID: 4206
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV