An excellent new job opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Scrub Nurse to work in an amazing modern specialist eye healthcare service based in Wolverhampton, West Midlands area.
You will be working for one of UK leading health care providers
This is a modern, state-of-the-art eye hospital.
The facilities in this hospital are first-class and equipped with the latest technology
*Must have be an RGN with a valid NMC Pin - Will also accept ODP's with HCPC registrations
As the Scrub Nurse your key duties include:
- Assemble, check and prepare the appropriate surgical equipment and consumables for procedures
- Coordinate the use of the supplies and equipment during a list ensuring the equipment is used in an appropriate and safe manner
- Act in the role of the scrub practitioner, undertaking all activities within that role in a professional and proficient manner
- Anticipate the needs of the surgical team, providing appropriate surgical instrumentation and equipment
- Take responsibility to ensure all surgical equipment is disposed of correctly including ensuring appropriate decontamination and sterilization of reusable equipment is carried out and can be evidenced
- Monitor consumables, replenishing as required and confirming reordering requirements as appropriate
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- Experience as a Theatre Scrub Nurse
- Passionate about developing a career in Ophthalmology
- Previous experience in Ophthalmology
- Awareness of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct
- Able to show a can-do attitude always
The successful Scrub Nurse will receive an excellent salary up to £35,374 per annum.
This exciting position is a Full Time role for 36 hours a week working through Day Shifts from 8am-6pm.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- 25 days holiday (33 days including bank holidays) increasing with length of service
- Company pension scheme
- Specialist training and development plan
- Bonus 1 - June - Up to 5% individual performance related bonus
- Bonus 2 - February - hospital/company related bonus
- Annual pay reviews and increases
Reference ID: 5136
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV