Summer Play Worker - Hayward Adventure Playground, Islington
Are you looking for fun, flexible work that fits around your life? Want to work for an inspiring charity making a real difference to the lives of disabled children and young people? You could soon be playing a vital and truly fulfilling role at KIDS.
As a summer sessional playworker, you will work as part of a team supporting the provision of an exciting and challenging programme of activities in a safe and stimulating environment for children/young people with a range of disabilities/additional needs such as autism, behavioural, learning and emotional difficulties.
You will encourage the children to play adventurously, creatively and imaginatively, and enable them to obtain the full benefit of the facilities provided by the service.
You will also initiate, guide and facilitate creative play and social activities with individual children and groups of children.
As a playworker responsibilities include:
Assisting with the care needs of the children and young people: for example feeding, toileting and changing.
Participating in playground arts and crafts activities.
Assisting in maintaining the playground and play building, play equipment and outdoor play structures in a safe and satisfactory condition.
Assisting in maintaining the playground and play building to the required standards of Health and Safety, including those of cleanliness and tidiness.
Providing inclusive play opportunities
The summer play scheme will be running
25th July to 26th August 2022
You will need to be available for induction over two days during W/C 18 July.
Your availability for summer, and dates for your induction, will be discussed as you progress through the application process.
If you are interested, and available to, there is the opportunity to continue working at the playground during term time.
We can discuss this with you over the summer.
The hourly rate is £11.05 per hour plus you accrue an extra £1.33 per hour holiday
More Jobs from KIDS Birmingham
- Senior Practitioner - Youth Worker (Manchester) Part Time
- Domiciliary Care Practitioner (Part time) - Lincoln
- Support Worker for Disabled Children/Young People - South Gloucestershire
- Summer Play Worker - Hackney Playground
- Support Worker for Children/Young People - South Gloucestershire
- Support Worker for Children and Young People - Dudley
- Support Worker - Children and Young People - Sandwell
- Support Worker - Bracknell
- Support/Play Worker - Oxford
- Play/Support Worker - Wokingham
- Support Worker (Short Breaks) Walsall
- Support Worker - Harrow (Short Breaks)
- Senior Practitioner for Young Carers - Fareham and Gosport (Part Time)
- Support Worker for Disabled Child - Longwell Green, Bristol
- IT Apprentice
- Summer Play Worker - Bracknell
- Summer Play Worker - Oxford
- Children and Young People Support Practitioner (Part Time) South Gloucestershire
- Senior Administrator - Birmingham
- Head Of Finance