Role: IT Manager
Location: Huddersfield - Some remote working
Salary: Up to £42,000pa + Benefits
Skills: IT Support, Project Management, IT Service Delivery
A hands-on IT Manager is required to join a charity organisation, ensuring IT systems are reliable, dependable, secure, and support the delivery of core charities services.
This is an instrumental role within the organisation - managing the IT function in its entirety on a strategic basis, whilst overseeing day-to-day IT operations.
The role is pivotal in implementing systems - providing strategic direction to a service that adds value and delivers outcomes that support delivery of our trailblazer plan.
Your role will cover a number of areas for the charity:
- IT Strategy and Service Delivery
- Relationship Management
- Project Management
- IT Support
- BI/Data Reporting
Skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of leading and managing an IT support function in its entirety – ensuring robust procedures are in place for managing and addressing technical support issues (such as ticketing).
- Detailed knowledge and experience of routine IT technical support – including fault identification, network repairs and server maintenance.
- Operational experience of leading and managing an ICT service, including controlling budgets and managing colleagues.
- Evidence of driving and supporting organisational change including delivering ICT business plans and training programmes, whilst developing and using performance enhancing systems to manage information and promote efficiency.
- Management experience, with the ability to inspire, lead and delegate appropriately - both internally and with external contracts.
- Experience of communicating/ disseminating information to a broad range of stakeholders.
- Prepared to undertake further training to extend existing skills/knowledge in new areas.
- As this role involves supporting multiple sites, you will need a full, clean driving licence and access to a car for work purposes.
- Direct experience of leading and implementing PowerBI dashboards/data warehousing.
- Experience of working within a programme management environment.
- Experience of owning, developing and implementing an overarching IT strategy - with experience in the identification and procurement of new services.
This is a permanent role, ideal for someone who enjoys being hands-on, but also has experience of leading an IT function, and implementing system changes.
You will be required to work in the office 2-3 days a week, and may be needed to travel to other sites should the need arise.
More Jobs from BPM Tech Limited
- Service Desk Analyst
- Senior Project Manager
- Development Project Manager
- BI & Data Developer
- IT EUC Field Engineer
- Senior Project Engineer
- Head of Service Delivery
- Test Analyst
- Project Manager
- Security Architect
- Senior TSG Analyst
- Build Automation Engineer
- Technical Lead - Network
- Senior Network Engineer
- Network Deployment Engineer
- IT Comms Engineer
- 1st Line Support
- Web Application Firewall Engineer
- 1st Line Support
- Infrastructure Support Manager