Head of Service
A fantastic new job opportunity has arisen for a motivated Head of Service to manage a child and family wellbeing service based in the Chelmsford, Essex area.
You will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
This service focuses on ensuring that everyone in Essex has the best possible start in life through meeting the identified needs of children, young people and their families
*You will be Registered Nurse Entry on third part of the Nursing and Midwifery Register as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse or Public Health Qualification
As the Head of Service your key responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the performance, governance, and operational delivery of services for children, young people and families within the Healthy Family Teams, Safeguarding and Looked after Children services within Mid Essex
- Work closely with the Clinical and Professional Leads across the services, under the leadership of the Managing Director, to ensure quality, operational and financial objectives are delivered
- You will be an integral part of the departmental leadership team, striving towards continued delivery of performance and quality standards in Mid Essex as well as improving the service to deliver long term, sustainable outcomes for children and families in the community, for the community, with the community
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- A management or leadership qualification or equivalent experience is also essential
- Essential experience of and ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary/cross organisational team is needed
- Evidence of continuous professional development and significant experience in managing health/social care services
- Able to show a can-do attitude always
- Excellent communication skills
The successful Head of Service will receive an excellent Band 8C salary.
This exciting position is a Full Time role.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- NHS pension
- Flexible working to provide you with that true work / life balance
- Access to our Strive for Better networks, a national support and professional network made up of NHS professionals like you, giving you the chance to constantly develop industry-leading care and quality
- Access to -our staff benefits scheme which grants you access to premier offers and discount off all products including flights, holidays, gyms and media, along with regular competitions and giveaways
- Access to our free well-being service available 24/7/365 online and by telephone including; counsellors, post trauma incident support, legal, debt and practical life management helpline, guided self-help, telephonic career coaching and monthly well-being newsletters
- We are pleased to offer access to Wagestream - which lets you track your pay throughout the month and stream your earned wages into your bank account if you need them.
No more high-interest loans or overdraft fees - simply get paid as you go
- A committed Learning and Development team who work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- Access to a range of courses and e-learning to develop further skills, bespoke career pathways and opportunities continuing your professional development
- Innovative forward-thinking culture with the opportunity to put forward your ideas to contribute to the way we work.
You will be encouraged to apply for national funding to drive your initiatives locally to benefit our patients and service users
- Rewarding and supportive teams, you will be recognised and have opportunities to recognise others by nominating for local and national awards annually and taking part in our new virtual “Ask our Executives” event, where you can submit questions to the board and hear updates regularly on company strategy and objectives
- Working in an environment focused on the highest clinical and quality standards with 100% of our services being rated overall good or outstanding by the Care Quality Commission
Reference ID: 5056
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV