An outstanding new job opportunity has arisen for a dedicated Community Matron to work in an exceptional hospital based in the Fleet, Hampshire area.
You will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
You will be varied and fulfilling as you will manage a complex caseload of patients working in partnership with your team members in the area
*You will have Registered Nurse (level 1) and post graduation education to Master's level or equivalent relevant to clinical speciality
As the Community Matron your key responsibilities include:
- To provide advanced clinical nursing support for patients with complex long-term conditions and/or elderly/frail.
Working as an autonomous practitioner, the post holder will effectively manage a caseload of patients with long term conditions, stratified as high risk
- Working in collaboration with appropriate health and social care professionals, the post holder will ensure continuity of care; aiming to reduce preventable hospital admissions and to improve quality of care for patients with long-term conditions in their usual place of residence (own home; residential or nursing home)
- To engage with innovation, including tele technologies, to continually strive to effectively support the management of patients.
To promote self-management strategies for patients and their carers, through education and advice, to reduce avoidable reliance on urgent services and promote positive patient outcomes
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- You will have strong communication and organisational skills
- A flexible approach that will ensure you deliver positive experiences to patients at every stage of their healthcare journey
- You will be a part of quality improvements, research and development activity.
Here we recognise and celebrate clinical excellence and dedication
- You will also need to be confident using IT systems and be able to demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages i.e.
Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in a variety of settings including hospital and community
- Knowledge of up to date clinical practice and current issues in nursing and community
The successful Community Matron will receive an amazing Band 7 Salary.
This exciting position is a Full Time role.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- NHS pension
- Access to a committed Learning and Development team, and we work closely with Universities and Health Education England to further your potential and support your progression
- In-house eLearning, workshops and courses to support your development
- Premier offers such as up to 40% off Trains, as well as discounts on products such as holidays
- Access to our central online health and lifestyle platform covering healthy recipes, activity challenges, and support information around mental health
Reference ID: 5073
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV