Assistant Nursery Practitioner (Term Time 6 hours per week lunchtime cover) - Basingstoke (x2 Posts)
Please note we also have an Early Years Practitioner vacancy available at our Basingstoke Nursery that is available to view on our Careers website;
Early Years Practitioner - Basingstoke Nursery - KIDS
Would you like to be part of a dynamic, friendly and supportive team who make a real difference to the lives of families? Basingstoke Nursery is a vibrant inclusive day care nursery for up to 90 children.
We are looking for 2 Assistant Practitioners to support both disabled and non-disabled children from 6 months to 5 years, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and build your experience.
This a TERM TIME post for 6 hours per week, 3 days a week : the days can be discussed more at interview
What you’ll be doing
Day-to-day, you’ll be responsible for supporting disabled children and their families within a nursery setting including leading a room and helping to develop an exciting environment where children can achieve and really enjoy learning.
We’ll also rely on you to act as a key worker for a small group of children, build positive relationships with them and their families and support each child’s social and emotional wellbeing.
Helping them to develop independence and foster relationships with their peer group will be important too.
And, when it comes to working with the team to continuously strive to achieve outstanding outcomes for children while being sensitive to their individual needs.
What you’ll need
A great opportunity to develop your skills in a rewarding role and gain a strong sense of achievement, you’ll need to be educated to a minimum of NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and have a proven ability to work with children under 5 years in a nursery or home environment.
Experience of following the Early Years Foundation stage is also required as well as having knowledge of safeguarding children.
You’ll need to be comfortable working within the Ofsted framework and as part of a dynamic team.
Experience of working with disabled children, or a keen interest in developing in this area of learning, is also required.
The benefits on offer
KIDS is a place where everyone is highly valued.
We offer all our people some really great benefits too, including:
Access to a range of interactive e-learning training courses and online workout and yoga classes
An Employee Assistance Programme to support your Health and Wellbeing
A generous holiday entitlement, with an extra week after 4 years’ service
A NEST Pension Scheme, plus Life Assurance after 6 months service
A choice of a free Cafe Nero or Greggs treat every week, plus a free cinema ticket every month
Supermarket and high street discounts, plus a free gift on your birthday
What happens next?
If you have what we’re looking for, get in touch today.
To find out more, or for an informal chat about the job, call Jane Woodhouse on 01256 464750 or email email@example.com.
KIDS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and also expects for all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All children and young people we work with must, at all times, feel safe.
Please note this is a 6 hour per week, part time role and is term time only
To find out more about our nursery, take a look at the video below:
KIDS Basingstoke Nursery
More Jobs from KIDS Birmingham
- Domiciliary Care Practitioner (Part time) - Lincoln
- Support Worker for Disabled Children/Young People - South Gloucestershire
- Summer Play Worker - Hayward Adventure Playground, Islington
- Summer Play Worker - Hackney Playground
- Support Worker for Children/Young People - South Gloucestershire
- Support Worker for Children and Young People - Dudley
- Support Worker - Children and Young People - Sandwell
- Support Worker - Bracknell
- Support/Play Worker - Oxford
- Play/Support Worker - Wokingham
- Support Worker (Short Breaks) Walsall
- Support Worker - Harrow (Short Breaks)
- Senior Practitioner for Young Carers - Fareham and Gosport (Part Time)
- Support Worker for Disabled Child - Longwell Green, Bristol
- IT Apprentice
- Summer Play Worker - Bracknell
- Summer Play Worker - Oxford
- Children and Young People Support Practitioner (Part Time) South Gloucestershire
- Senior Administrator - Birmingham
- Head Of Finance