An amazing new job opportunity has arisen for a committed Consultant Psychiatrist to work in an exceptional new mental health service for women based in the Cullompton, Devon area.
You will be working for one of UK's leading health care providers
This is a new mental health service for women that require rehabilitation to support them getting back into the community, where conditions may include personality disorders, Autism and associated challenges
* Be medically qualified, MRC Psych or equivalent and have Full GMC Registration
As the Consultant Psychiatrist your key duties include:
- Jointly, within the Medical Directorate, develop and review Directorate policies and procedures to meet requirements of statutory bodies
- Participate in making appropriate responsible Medical Officer arrangements to cover the 24-hour operation
- Operationally manage within agreed standards, targets, timetables and constraints, following operational and strategic objectives in the Medical Service Level Agreement
- Administration of the Mental Health Act, Clinical Policy, Clinical Standards and associated administrative tasks in respect of service users
- Exercise professional leadership and institute, manage and evaluate through audit a medical service, ensuring that clinical policy, practice and its application is research-based and of a good standard
- Be jointly responsible with the General Practitioner for the provision of medical services appropriate to patients in this service
The following skills and experience would be preferred and beneficial for the role:
- Experience with working with women with personality disorders or mental health conditions
- Be innovative and imaginative with the ability to initiate corporate decisions
- An understanding of current developments in psychiatry and other aspects of mental health
- Have substantial knowledge of change management, relevant legislation, contemporary issues in mental health, knowledge of and experience in purchaser/provider contractual issues
- Have previous Consultant experience in a management role
The successful Consultant Psychiatrist will receive an excellent salary of £135,000 per annum.
This exciting position is a Full Time role working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive the following generous benefits:
- The equivalent of 30 days annual leave - plus your birthday off!
- Free meals
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Maternity Package
- Retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more
Reference ID: 5098
To apply for this fantastic job role, please call on 0121 638 0567 or send your CV