Support Worker - Fareham and Gosport (Sessional Practitioner)
As a Care Support Worker, you will be working directly with disabled children, or young people and their families, to support them with their needs.
This is an opportunity to develop your skills in a rewarding role, and gain a strong sense of achievement.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide high quality care that supports individual children and young people with disabilities, including personal care as detailed in their care plans.
The care will be within their family homes and out in the community.
We are currently looking for someone to provide short breaks for disabled children and young people, supporting them to access a variety of activities, promoting independence, inclusion and learning, and engaging positive activities.
Whilst working in a person centred way, providing practical and emotional support to the child or young person, to enable them to meet the goals and outcomes identified in their support plan.
Short breaks are on a 1:1 basis in the community and in a child or young person’s home.
Our breaks are designed around the child or young person and their interests and hobbies, so during a break you may take a child swimming, to a local park, or perhaps to the shops.
Ad hoc hours available on an as and when basis (mainly evenings, weekends, and school holidays).
This is a sessional position offering flexible working hours during evenings, weekends and school holidays.
To learn more about the role, please click here to watch a video.
You may be required to travel between locations, and so the ability to travel independently to the identified activity/venue is essential.
Being a car driver is essential.
This role will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
You will be required to work variable hours which may include evenings, weekends, and school holidays.
The hourly rate is £8.86-£9.73 per hour plus you accrue an extra £1.07 to £1.17 per hour holiday pay.
More Jobs from KIDS Birmingham
- Senior Practitioner (Youth Worker) Part time Dudley
- Senior Practitioner : Short Breaks
- Domiciliary Care Worker (Lincolnshire)
- SENDIASS Practitioner
- Support Worker - Across Hampshire (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - Southampton (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - Havant and Waterlooville (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - Winchester (Sessional Practitioner)
- Support Worker - New Forest (Sessional Recruitment)
- Early Years Practitioner
- Senior Practitioner Youth Work (Part Time)
- SENDIASS Practitioner Kingston and Richmond
- Strategic Corodinator SENDIASS
- Targeted Positive Activities Coordinator
- SENDIASS Coordinator