Research Scientist Audio/Voice
A well-established innovator of bleeding edge audio solutions in fast growth mode is investing into building a new team for their advanced technology R&D site.
To support this growth, they are seeking inventive and disruptive hands-on researcher scientists to roll-up their sleeves, co-design and implement beyond the barrier innovations, present at top scientific conferences, to join them on a voyage of discovery and invention!
Excellent salary packages available, including pension, health insurance, and training provided for talent gaps and industry certifications.
Start date flexible to accommodate.
What you can expect
To be working on the very latest innovations with a team of experts that will mentor, train and accelerate your career path with a great work life balance with flexible hours within a progressive but informal management structure.
Your career path will accelerate as you push the boundaries in scientific research through inventing and realising the next generation audio and voice/speech processing products through exploring new solutions, and refining state-of-the art algorithms into solid, concise production ready solutions.
You will forage new technologies from research institutes, working with student projects, coach product development and customer teams providing deep algorithm expertise.
There is also a customer liaison and support function to this role where you will learn about their needs and development requirements as input for your algorithm development.
Your will focus will include speech processing, acoustic echo cancellation AEC, noise suppression algorithms, beamforming, bass improvement, speaker protection and optimisation, E.G.
find better ways to deal with non-linear echo or make use of speech models to improve double talk performance and noise suppression performance.
What you bring to the team
- PhD/Masters degree in related discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of digital signal processing theory.
- Ideally you will possess good knowledge of audio/acoustics, knowledge of voice/audio processing domain (echo cancellation, noise suppression from academic research and/or commercial projects.
- Experience with algorithm design in Matlab.
- Familiar with evaluation of speech algorithms, benchmark, standardisation.
- Affinity with software development and testing and understanding the requirements for software product development.
- High quality drive.
- Good communication skills.
Please contact me in confidence, to discuss your career aspirations and this opportunity over the telephone!
- Start: 01/08/2020
- Location: Flemish Region, Belgium
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Science
- Recruiter: Vertex Solutions International Ltd.
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2020-06-13 13:29:27 -
- View all Jobs from Vertex Solutions International Ltd.
More Jobs from Vertex Solutions International Ltd.
- Java/Erlang Developers – Banking – PAYE contract up to £ 600p/d
- Full Stack Software Developer – Node.JS, Java, WebGL, React
- Senior Python Software Engineer
- Splunk Architect - - € 350 p/day - Remote/ Belgium
- Cloud Platform Specialist for IoT R and D - £ 420 p/day
- Data Science / Machine Learning specialist – Belgium € 70p/hr
- Software Test Automation Engineer
- DSP Software Designer
- Senior Computer Vision Engineer
- Insights Manager (People Analytics) - Contract
- Remote Test Automation Specialist
- BackEnd Engineer - Contract
- Data Engineer - Contract
- Remote Test Automation Specialist
- Full Stack Software Engineer – Remote
- C++ Applications Developer
- Full Stack Developer
- Senior Full Stack Developer - Contract
- Test Automation Engineer
- Exciting R and D Project –Blockchain and Development Consultant