Cloud Data Platform Engineer
The successful candidate will be an experienced software engineering professional who can demonstrate the ability to work effectively with internal and external colleagues to implement high quality solutions using agile development practices.
- Solution design of public cloud solutions for Data Lake and Data Science workloads
- Delivery of design artefacts to support review by approval committees
- Collaboration with key stakeholders to understand security and compliance requirements
- Delivery of reference implementations to demonstrate best practice for public cloud technology adoption
- Providing technical leadership on public cloud adoption to technology community
You will have:
- Experience of public cloud data platform design and implementation using Microsoft Azure technologies, including Azure Data Lake Services Gen2
- Strong understanding of platform and software security concerns, and experience of working with compliance teams to ensure policy and standards requirements are met appropriately on the Azure platform
- Experience of establishing and managing efficient development pipelines using Azure DevOps, and equivalent on-premise tool chains (e.g.
- Experience of Infrastructure as Code (IaC) paradigm and practices
- Experience of Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Certification in Azure platform technologies and architecture
- Solution design experience of large scale data platforms using MPP technology, distributed data processing, and RDBMS (Oracle preferred)
- Experience of Big Data technology solutions using Hadoop
- Experience working with Agile, and Continuous Delivery methodologies e.g.
Scrum, Kanban, LESS, SAFe
- Successful delivery track record involving multiple projects in financial services, or similarly regulated environments
- Experience of working with teams across multiple locations, and with external vendors
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Experience of Azure Databricks, HDInsight, SQL Data Warehouse
- Solution development experience using Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Strong understanding of concurrency, distributed systems development and performance optimization
- Experience of Financial Services, Cyber Security environments
You will be:
- A technology enthusiast, who maintains their knowledge through self-study as well as within their working environment
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work on their own initiative
- A strong leader who can demonstrates the ability to make things happen and is focused on the project / programme outcomes.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to get messages clearly understood by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information.
This is a contract opportunity for an initial 6 months with the scope to extend
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: Negotiable
- Location: City of London, England
- Type: Contract
- Industry: Finance
- Recruiter: Vertex Solutions International Ltd.
- Tel: 02072947366
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2019-05-15 16:59:02 -
- View all Jobs from Vertex Solutions International Ltd.
More Jobs from Vertex Solutions International Ltd.
- Qliksense Developer - Cloud, GCP, Python, CI/CD, Agile
- Snr Business Analyst - Financial Crime, Compliance, Sanctions
- SUPERHERO Front-End Developer for an Exciting AI Market Leader
- Informatica BI Developer/Analysts, Data, MDM - Edinburgh
- PMO / Project Manager - Infrastructure & Data Centre Technology
- ROCKSTAR Front-End Developer for a leading Fintech in London!
- People/HR Analytics Manager - PM/BA Background
- Technical Product Mgr - DevOps, AWS, Google Cloud, Digital
- Software Release Manager- Digital, Mobile, iOS, Android
- Senior Technical Architect - Dublin
- Consultant Python Quant Dev – Northumberland
- DevOps Engineers - All Levels - AWS, Google Cloud a bonus
- Senior Creative Technologist
- Ruby on Rails Architect
- Cloud Architect - Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- MQ Orientated Tester
- Network Test Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Contract Digital Analyst - Google Analytics
- Data Scientist