VAT Assistant Manager
VAT Assistant Manager | Competitive salary plus benefits including life assurance, paid overtime or time off in lieu, interest free season ticket loan, pension, annual salary reviews, profit sharing, childcare vouchers | VAT | Edinburgh
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit an Assistant VAT Manager to join an award winning Top 20 chartered accountancy firm with offices in Edinburgh.
The successful Assistant VAT Manager will join the VAT Group in Edinburgh as part of the growth of VAT as service line across their Scottish and Northern Region.
The National VAT group has two teams, one dealing with charity and not for profit clients and the other focusing on landed estates, private client and corporate issues.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Responsible for advising on many different aspects of VAT compliance, transaction and liability matters.
- Advice is provided through face-to-face meetings and via written correspondence to clients and the successful candidate will also be expected to act as a technical resource for internal partners and staff on a variety of different VAT issues.
- Dealing with internal and external clients directly on a day to day basis.
- Supporting the Edinburgh based director with growing the VAT practice.
Specialist Skills and Experience required:
Candidates will ideally be CTA qualified or be studying towards the final stages
- Degree educated
- Be committed to a career in VAT and will have relevant strong experience in a general practice role in a medium to large sized firm
- Awareness of how clients compile VAT returns using ERP or accounting packages, and how to advise clients on managing risk would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills
- Successful applicant will require confidence in dealing with partners and clients, excellent organisation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Travel will be required to the other Northern regional office and also occasional trips to London.
A clean driving licence and access to a car to be used for business purposes would be advantageous, together with the flexibility to travel to visit clients across the UK, as necessary
Our client is a well established Top 20 chartered accountancy firm, with offices across the UK.
They provide their exceptional training and long term career development opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading company.
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Accounts Assistant
- Compliance Manager (Senior) - Contract role
- Legal PA
- Barrister – Non Contentious Work/Company Law
- Barrister - Personal Injury Specialist/Litigator
- Service Improvement Analyst
- Audit Executive
- Affiliate Marketing Manager (Casino)
- DevOps Engineer
- Mechatronic Engineer
- Corporate Tax Semi Senior or Senior
- Manager - Private Clients
- Trading Developer - Low Latency
- Customer Experience Analyst
- Campaign Analyst
- BI Product Owner
- Sponsorship Manager
- Technology Problem Analyst
- SEO Outreach Executive
- Finance Manager (Europe)